Corporal Punishment - The Belt

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my teachers back in the day was Adam McNaughton, writer and collector of Glasgow street songs.

Haud the fucking bus Willea. "Big Dan" was our English teacher when I was in 2nd year in Dalziel in Motherwell in 1972. I assume there is only one Adam McNaughton:

The first time I got belted at school, i was a whole week into primary one :o All the girls were peering into the toilets at the Northern District school in Perth, so me and my mate decided we were as well pissing in the playground. Scarred for life at the grand old age of 5.

After numerous beltings throughout my school years (mostly unwarranted),I ended up getting expelled from Perth High in 71, for refusing the belt and telling the head teacher to shove it up his arse.

I returned my books the next day and joined the army.

I wasn't particularly pleased when the belt was banned to be honest, as I thought it was a good deterrent for some. It was however badly abused, and it just depended on the mood of the teacher. Some days, you just knew somebody was getting it.

If it had been regulated and dished out only by a designated teacher, after discussing if the incident warranted a belting, then so be it.

When you hear what some of the kids get away with at school these days, and the shit that teachers have to put up with, a wee stinger across the paws wouldn't do much harm IMO.

It just came to mind, that my old neighbour back in the day, used to dish out the belt to his kids every Friday. He tallied up the numbers accrued over the week and kept it in his diary. Mind you, they were Aberdonians. Could be common in these parts :lol:

After getting lines from a physics teacher and him doing this without even looking at thems, I came up with the cunning plan to just write one page and then photocopy it the requisite number of times next time he gave me lines.

Handed in the 100/200 lines or whatever, only for the smug b*****d to sit down at his desk, peruse the pages for a few moments then demand 1000 lines for being a smart arse.

Thought twice whenever I wanted to piss around in his class after that.

Along similar lines, the only set of lines I ever got was for giving a mate my chemistry homework for him to copy. b*****d copied it word for word and so we were both busted. He offered to do my lines for me as a thank you gesture, which I happily accepted, not quite appreciating that the handwriting would be the same. Cue an additional set of lines each, doubled! :(

Haud the fucking bus Willea. "Big Dan" was our English teacher when I was in 2nd year in Dalziel in Motherwell in 1972. I assume there is only one Adam McNaughton:

One and the same!

When Rutherglen Academy was liquidated he didn't tupe over to the new school Cathkin High. He headed off to Dalziel instead.

Was a great guy!

I began primary in 76, so the routine punishments were a wallop across the arse or a smack on the back of the hand. Can still see the queue at the desk for marking and the teacher suddenly slamming the pen down - you knew what the guy at the front was about to get.

The belt was only ever used by the (nun) headteacher, and it was an actual belt, not a tawse.

Smacks were dished out for crimes such as having done the fewest number of sums, having untidy handwriting (a speciality of mine, being left-handed), having a textbook in your desk which should have been handed in, dropping litter or lunch on the floor, crap spelling...etc

The guy who regularly wet himself seemed to have discovered the only crime not deserving of a wallop.

As a teacher it seems odd to think that all we have now is referrals, which in many schools are even challenged as undeserving by the occasional parent (in my day you hid any hint of lines etc. in case your parents found out and gave you hell for it).

When moving to a different classroom a year ago, I discovered that a previous occupant had left behind a lochgelly. It still sits in my cupboard for whenever I feel like giving the pupils a wee (visual) history lesson.

As an alternative to the belt, our maths teacher,one Doctor Wilson,a Glaswegian whom we thought sounded so much like the big yin, used to "punish us " by handing out a "preface", the idea behind this was thus; you got into trouble for being Pedantic, he would write the word "PEDANTIC" at the head of the page and your task was to copy out the preface, word for word in pencil but any time any of the letters of PEDANTIC came up, you had to write the individual letter ,capitalised in ink.

If however you made less than ten mistakes, he would then hand you an IOU which could be redeemed the next time you got a preface !!

great system which did work !! :P

Along similar lines, the only set of lines I ever got was for giving a mate my chemistry homework for him to copy. b*****d copied it word for word and so we were both busted. He offered to do my lines for me as a thank you gesture, which I happily accepted, not quite appreciating that the handwriting would be the same. Cue an additional set of lines each, doubled! :(

:lol: It's really for the best that you never settled on a life of crime.

Considering how many S&M fanatics are apparently among us, were there kids who'd deliberately get themselves in trouble for a quick lick of the cat? Just wondering what teachers would do if their ministrations were met with orgasmic moans :P

Also, can anyone here boak on cue? At one point, I was in a class with a kid who would vomit whenever he realised that the lesson wasn't of interest to him. No fingers down the throat or anything; he just stared off into space for maybe 10 seconds before bringing up the contents of his stomach all over the desk. Quite a skill, and not one that I can remember anyone else every admitting to. He ended up spending more and more time in private lessons, for fairly obvious reasons.

Considering how many S&M fanatics are apparently among us, were there kids who'd deliberately get themselves in trouble for a quick lick of the cat? Just wondering what teachers would do if their ministrations were met with orgasmic moans :P

Also, can anyone here boak on cue? At one point, I was in a class with a kid who would vomit whenever he realised that the lesson wasn't of interest to him. No fingers down the throat or anything; he just stared off into space for maybe 10 seconds before bringing up the contents of his stomach all over the desk. Quite a skill, and not one that I can remember anyone else every admitting to. He ended up spending more and more time in private lessons, for fairly obvious reasons.

Used to play in a band with a bass player who could fart at will. Never went to school with him, but I really wish I had, ‘cos it would have been some laugh.

There was one night we were playing the Venue (now the G2) in Glasgow and he accepted the “do 60 farts in a minute challenge” – he got to 50-odd and shat himself.

Smacks were dished out for crimes such as having done the fewest number of sums, having untidy handwriting (a speciality of mine, being left-handed), having a textbook in your desk which should have been handed in, dropping litter or lunch on the floor, crap spelling...etc

When moving to a different classroom a year ago, I discovered that a previous occupant had left behind a lochgelly. It still sits in my cupboard for whenever I feel like giving the pupils a wee (visual) history lesson.

You weren't smacked enough imo. 'Lochgelly' should start with a capital letter.

I think there may be a few ex Queen Anne (Dunfermline) boys on here - anyone remember Mr Coffee? The belt was long-gone when I was a first year there but that didn't stop him hitting folk with stuff! Broke a metre stick over one lad's head. I can imagine when the belt was still allowed he'd have been in his element.

I think there may be a few ex Queen Anne (Dunfermline) boys on here - anyone remember Mr Coffee? The belt was long-gone when I was a first year there but that didn't stop him hitting folk with stuff! Broke a metre stick over one lad's head. I can imagine when the belt was still allowed he'd have been in his element.

Nope, just Lowry punching his fists through the walls, picturing the faces of kids on them first probably. I was there 95-01... I think.

I know I've mentioned it before, but the only time I genuinely thought "oh, I am so f***ing dead now!" was when I threw a basketball into a certain Mr Thompson's face from two yards away whilst he was sitting down taking the register. In the old days I would probably have my face skinned off and fashioned into another basketball. That said, he did ask me for the ball back, a piss poor defence which incredibly seemed to work as I pleaded for mercy in the hallway. That long wait outside may have been the most terrified I've ever been with visions of being expelled before sitting Standard Grades, spending the rest of my life applying for Fife Council litter picker jobs at best.

Nope, just Lowry punching his fists through the walls, picturing the faces of kids on them first probably. I was there 95-01... I think.

I know I've mentioned it before, but the only time I genuinely thought "oh, I am so f***ing dead now!" was when I threw a basketball into a certain Mr Thompson's face from two yards away whilst he was sitting down taking the register. In the old days I would probably have my face skinned off and fashioned into another basketball. That said, he did ask me for the ball back, a piss poor defence which incredibly seemed to work as I pleaded for mercy in the hallway. That long wait outside may have been the most terrified I've ever been with visions of being expelled before sitting Standard Grades, spending the rest of my life applying for Fife Council litter picker jobs at best.

Excellent! Never warmed to him. I'd dislocated my kneecap at school and had to lay off gym for a while. Not the feeblest excuse for missing a couple of weeks I'd have thought but he took me aside and told me I was soft and a mummy's boy! I'd never met the guy before and he'd formed this opinion of me in the time it took me to tell him I wasn't taking his class. If it was just mind games then it worked as a motivation to say "I'll show you who is soft ya twat" but I think that would be crediting him with too much intelligence.

Excellent! Never warmed to him. I'd dislocated my kneecap at school and had to lay off gym for a while. Not the feeblest excuse for missing a couple of weeks I'd have thought but he took me aside and told me I was soft and a mummy's boy! I'd never met the guy before and he'd formed this opinion of me in the time it took me to tell him I wasn't taking his class. If it was just mind games then it worked as a motivation to say "I'll show you who is soft ya twat" but I think that would be crediting him with too much intelligence.

So if you combined Lowry & Thompson then you'd probably get this?

Oh the good old days!

I used to get caned in primary school, usually for fighting.

Had this smart arse Art Teacher in Secondary School who used to take the mickey out of me.because I lisped over words that began with th.

Was in a bar years later, I was 23 and I seen him.

Went over to him and said, hi Mr. ----, do you remember me?

Asked him to stand up and fool he did, one punch and he was out.

His two mates just sat there with their mouths open.

35 years on he's probably wondering what the f--k I whacked him for!

Oh the good old days!

I used to get caned in primary school, usually for fighting.

Had this smart arse Art Teacher in Secondary School who used to take the mickey out of me.because I lisped over words that began with th.

Was in a bar years later, I was 23 and I seen him.

Went over to him and said, hi Mr. ----, do you remember me?

Asked him to stand up and fool he did, one punch and he was out.

His two mates just sat there with their mouths open.

35 years on he's probably wondering what the f--k I whacked him for!

Way to go Chris.

eubank_1446954c.jpg

Archived