P&B Out of the Loop

<<<<<< He is!

Anyone with a join date of Jan-Apr 2003 would be considered an "original migrator". As you pass us in the corridor should doth your cap and thank us! :P

thhi.gif

Just found the member list sorted by join date! After Div, sergie's no1 fan was the first to join. Reynard and David W the only others I immediately recognise on the first page.

I joined the same day as C'mon_the_sons and sjm89 who are both still active.

I'm sure your life is enriched with this vital information.

Can't believe there are only around 1,000 members older than me. Mind you, I was into P+B before it became fashionable etc.

How did everyone find out about P&B, I genuinely can't remember how I did. I never posted on any other forum before here. I still don't. It's very strange, it's like, it's .. Destiny.

Mind I was reading an Arbroath forum and somebody was on about it with regards to who we were after in the transfer window so had a skek and joined.

Nearly 8 years now.

How did everyone find out about P&B, I genuinely can't remember how I did. I never posted on any other forum before here. I still don't. It's very strange, it's like, it's .. Destiny.

Remember looking on the internet the day Phil O'Donnel died and stmbled on Pie & Bovril. Lurked for a while before joining

Never really posted on another forum. I do now. Posted on Dee Mad, the Official and now a Mod on the new TheDarkBlues, but P&B was my first!

Think I typed in 'Scottish football forum' and this came up: Link.

But it was the name Pie and Bovril that attracted me I think!

As an aside, has anyone ever used that forum I've linked before? Think that's the first time I've clicked onto it since 2007!

ETA: Seems it was only made in 09, must have been a different one I clicked all those years ago.

Edited by Ludo *1

How did everyone find out about P&B

I think most of the original wave came over from Scottish Football Online which kept going offline - I think I stuck it out the longest though and hung on until SFO was absolutely dead in the water before venturing over here.

The fact that most of us knew about P&B in the first place was down to St Sid's endless spamming and trolling of SFO.

Weird you ask this, was trying to remember earlier today. Literally cannot remember, maybe a thread was linked to from a United forum. Also wondering if Div did any marketing to attract new posters.

Weird you ask this, was trying to remember earlier today. Literally cannot remember, maybe a thread was linked to from a United forum. Also wondering if Div did any marketing to attract new posters.

It was the Michael Bay produced Pie and Bovril advert that brought me here. It was on during the ad break on the 10 o'clock news after a DFS commercial. The third explosion sold it to me.

Looked at the forum a few times before. Decided to sign up after getting sick of reading negative posts on hibs.net.

Any other veterans from the BBC Scottish Football Forums on here?

I used to post there before it shut down and even had a "heads gone" moment.

When it shut, I switched to Thistle forums, then to here.

606 was the first one I used.

Can't remember how I heard about this place, think it was on Twitter.

I used to read through 606 and it was utter garbage! The only other forums I've posted on have been the Rovers messageboards- and I migrated to P&B not long after people at the club (including the manager) made it clear they wouldn't take any criticism whatsoever, up to the point of deleting some negative posts.

Hence the nickname Pravda.

• 2 months later...