dundee

A thread for everyone to appreciate the city of Dundee and post their most treasured Dundee memories.

On a day when the United Nations have recognised the achievements of this wee city http://m.stv.tv/news/tayside/301739-dundee-awarded-unesco-city-of-design-title-for/

No doubt some utter bawsacs from central belt hellholes who have never seen anything out with sandeman street will try and derail this thread with their petty jealousy and dondeh (I don't get it) patter but the nation's of the earth have spoken.

#dundece #yescity #Scotland'sfootballcity

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Proud to be born and work in such a wonderful place. A simple silly memory but Jungle Kids/Olympia followed by the movies were always my favourite days when a bairn. ;) Olympia and the bridge now gone aswell as jungle kids but hopefully the waterfront makes up for it.

Looking forward to moving to the best city in Scotland within the year. :P

Proud to be born and work in such a wonderful place. A simple silly memory but Jungle Kids/Olympia followed by the movies were always my favourite days when a bairn. ;) Olympia and the bridge now gone aswell as jungle kids but hopefully the waterfront makes up for it.

Looking forward to moving to the best city in Scotland within the year. :P

Where has the bridge gone? :o I've got to get work next week.

My daughter thinks the new leisure pool is good.

I like the way you paint directions on the road in strange abbreviations rather than just making a sign like the rest of the civilised world. ABTH. ABN. BFRY.

I've got a scar across the top of my head from smashing it on a 'Mind Your Head' sign in a nightclub there.

I used to like opening credits to 'Jute City' as a kid.

Fine city.

Where has the bridge gone? :o I've got to get work next week.

I meant the wee footbridge you used to go across the road to the olympia in, loved that as a kid :lol:

Tay Bridge is still there though. ;)

Roadworks should be complete by next January im sure, be good to see the waterfront/V and A etc coming out the ground.

I lost my soul in Dundee circa 2002/03 when I went to Abertay for one exceptionally unproductive (academic) year.

Currently trying to find it. No success as of yet. But I like Dundee. I'd like it a lot more if I had any mates up here with which I could sample the seemingly quality social scene.

Archived