Queen of the South vs St. Johnstone

jamamafegan

Personally hoping our qf gets moved to a sunday as im in glasgow to see noel gallagher on the saturday. Do they usually play 2 qf on the saturday and 2 on the sunday? How does the tv games work eg is it 2 out of 4 on the tv?

Last year they had two games Sat, two games Sunday. Three of the four ties were televised.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He really was. I was going to do the same because he's taken a lot of unfair flak. Even today he played wing back, right midfield and then centre midfield and took it in his stride.

As soon as St Johnstone opted for route one bringing the two big guys on I knew it was in the bag. Durnan, Higgins and the superb Dowie will win headers all day long. Holt played a blinder in a big game as per as well.

I've not been a fan but he played really well second half last week and his confidence on the ball this week was impressive. An assist for the crucial opener too. Well done,, Lewis Kidd!

Love Holty, he had a good game but I don't think he was man of the match. He can have great mazy runs but his distribution in the 1st half was awful. This may have be down to the 3-5-2 and Higgins sometimes being in wrong position. Improved greatly in the second half.

He had one magic run where he kicked it off about three players and still made it half way down the pitch with ball!

Thought Burnsy had a tremendous game today but none of the boys played poorly.

It's easy to be wise after the event, but if I had been a Saints fan I would have been worried about who was going to score the goals

21 goals from 24 Premiership games is poor so when Lyle scored it was always going to be hard for them to get back in it.

Well done Queens, Spartans or Berwick at home in the quarterfinal please !!!

Away fans in the home end. Away fans walking to the home terrace to start fights. Home fans unnecessarily moved from their favoured seat whilst the away terrace remained completely empty.

Fairly shambolic.

As relatively busy as it was the East Stand still had plenty of spare seats in it and all the home fans in it got an unrestricted view. A decision was taken on economic grounds to use Section 5 for St Johnstone if they needed it rather than open the terrace. You are entitled not to agree with that decision if you wish but that doesn't make it "shambolic".

The segregation area was used by away fans we were sat next to away fans.

They wandered where they wanted at times. Including the two who caused trouble on the terrace.

Thankfully saints fans were fine wouldn't have fancied being as close to many another away support.

Away fans could enter the home end every single week if they wanted. Just as ours could enter the home end at every away ground we've been at this season if they wanted. Apparently two individuals did walk into our end and cause a problem on the terrace. They didn't do so because they didn't have seats in the away end though. I expect their actions will have follow up consequences both for them and in the stewarding arrangements.

There was no "segregation area". Well, there was but it was two seats wide. Section 5 was always allocated as a contingency for St Johnstone fans, it just wasn't opened up for them until they had filled the rest of their section because if they hadn't needed it with walk ups on the day then it would have been opened up from the other side and our own fans allowed back into it.

Exact response i expected. The 1200 were not set aside for the saints fans from the start. The corden was moved and in the end there was no segregation.

As per above, that section was always allocated to St Johnstone. It was cordoned off initially to ensure they did actually need it before it was brought into use. If they hadn't needed it home fans would have been allowed back into it as they usually are.

Lucky you, by the looks of things I'll be at ninewells relying on the BBC live text updates

#prayformacca I hope it isn't a serious injury.

Thought Burnsy had a tremendous game today but none of the boys played poorly.

It's easy to be wise after the event, but if I had been a Saints fan I would have been worried about who was going to score the goals.

21 goals from 24 Premiership games is poor so when Lyle scored it was always going to be hard for them to get back in it.

Well done Queens, Spartans or Berwick at home in the quarter-final please !!!

Was delighted when I saw no O Halloran and Kane and McFadden up front.

It is quite a sad site to see McFadden deteriorate to the extent that he has. Was astounded that he was not hooked.

Thought we were much the better team - no failures and a great fighting spirit.

Great away support.

As relatively busy as it was the East Stand still had plenty of spare seats in it and all the home fans in it got an unrestricted view. A decision was taken on economic grounds to use Section 5 for St Johnstone if they needed it rather than open the terrace. You are entitled not to agree with that decision if you wish but that doesn't make it "shambolic".

Away fans could enter the home end every single week if they wanted. Just as ours could enter the home end at every away ground we've been at this season if they wanted. Apparently two individuals did walk into our end and cause a problem on the terrace. They didn't do so because they didn't have seats in the away end though. I expect their actions will have follow up consequences both for them and in the stewarding arrangements.

There was no "segregation area". Well, there was but it was two seats wide. Section 5 was always allocated as a contingency for St Johnstone fans, it just wasn't opened up for them until they had filled the rest of their section because if they hadn't needed it with walk ups on the day then it would have been opened up from the other side and our own fans allowed back into it.

As per above, that section was always allocated to St Johnstone. It was cordoned off initially to ensure they did actually need it before it was brought into use. If they hadn't needed it home fans would have

been allowed back into it as they

usually are.

Cammy is correct I'm afraid . It was a shambles today . You were warned on here that a big away support was coming down & the terrace should of been open but I noticed it wasn't cleared of snow & ice

There was a few incidents on the Portland Rd terrace today that could of & should of been avoided .

The away end was undermanned today ...... No excuses

Sometimes you need to admit you got it wrong

Reluctance to accept a new player and maybe a bit of prejudice against one of our most consistent players. Well done Lewis for your contribution so far.

More starts than any other player. For that reason alone Fowler knows more than all the internet fools.

As per above, that section was always allocated to St Johnstone. It was cordoned off initially to ensure they did actually need it before it was brought into use. If they hadn't needed it home fans would have been allowed back into it as they usually are.

Away fans were aloud side by side with home fans that is no segregation thankfully they were well behaved.

The two individuals who wandered past the stewards were drunk and shouldn't have got in the ground let alone got to the home terrace.

Archived