Queen of the South vs St. Johnstone

jamamafegan

Uh, Aberdeen are out?

I forgot, was listening to Sportsound and Willie Miller kept shouting over the reporter for this game so I sort of assumed it was an equally important gam

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QoS deserved winners. Well done.

We gave them time and space, lumping high balls to their tall defenders. Their movement, pace and passing bewildered a very poor Saints' team who put in another inept performance. I don't mind losing, but not like that. Swanson and McFadden were anonymous at best.

Hows the midfield set up?

We started off like this:

Swanson Davidson Wotherspoon Lappin

I've seen some poor debuts, but I can't recall anything quite as bad as Swanson's today. Lappin is even worse on the left than he is in the centre. Spoony struggled in the centre. It was a bizarre set-up.

Far too many passengers in this squad. We must get rid ASAP: Lappin, McFadden, Graham. Jury is out on Swanson. Was a disappointment to see a considerable amount of tension between fans and players today. I don't like to see fans abusing their own players, but McFadden really let himself down by responding to it in a similar manner.

It was a disgusting performance. Well done to Queens on a well-deserved win.

Before I start what a great away support apart from 2 who tried to take on our young team.

1st half even both keepers not a save to make.

2nd half we where much better got the early goal then we just sat in looking dangerous on the break.

Our keeper never had a save to make.

2nd goal just took the pressure off now look forward to the highlights on TV tonight 10.30pm

I dont think theres much doubt the better team over 90 minutes won today. Both sides had periods in the first half but Queens edged it and undoubtedly had the better chance. The same patter continued second half until the goal. Not sure if Kidds shot/come cross was going in but Lyle was there to make sure. After that Queens sat too deep, invited saints onto them and struggled to get out their half. Having said that, for all there possession, saints looked like they could still be playing and not have scored. There were a few fluffs and a few scrambles in the box but Atkinson didnt have a save to make. Higgins, Dowie and Durnan were outstanding in front of him.

The second goal simply made the remaining minutes a bit more comfortable. Great result and with Burns and McKenna back playing, a really positive day all round

We started off like this:

Swanson Davidson Wotherspoon Lappin

I've seen some poor debuts, but I can't recall anything quite as bad as Swanson's today. Lappin is even worse on the left than he is in the centre. Spoony struggled in the centre. It was a bizarre set-up.

Far too many passengers in this squad. We must get rid ASAP: Lappin, McFadden, Graham. Jury is out on Swanson. Was a disappointment to see a considerable amount of tension between fans and players today. I don't like to see fans abusing their own players, but McFadden really let himself down by responding to it in a similar manner.

It was a disgusting performance. Well done to Queens on a well-deserved win.

Mental. The Lappin on the left, Spoony central experiment worked for half an hour against Aberdeen and is now somehow considered the best option? Still don't understand the decision to start Swanson and McFadden either. It seems as if you've just signed or have recently extended your contract you're instantly going to start the next match, he done the same with Caddis. Its bizarre management.

Mental. The Lappin on the left, Spoony central experiment worked for half an hour against Aberdeen and is now somehow considered the best option? Still don't understand the decision to start Swanson and McFadden either. It seems as if you've just signed or have recently extended your contract you're instantly going to start the next match, he done the same with Caddis. Its bizarre management.

McFadden didn't do much.

McFadden didn't do much.

He hasn't since he joined us really, a few good spells in his early games and then complete anonymity mixed with injuries and suspension. It made no sense to start him today ahead of O'Halloran. Possibly a panic as I assume MacLean got injured today and became unavailable.

Lewis Kidd was superb today. I am singling him out because he rarely gets credit and is improving .

Your whole team looked good today to be honest. The back 3 worked well, you outnumbered us in midfield and your movement totally killed us.

Are we sure that's the same Danny Swanson as who tore us apart for Dundee United? Other than a couple of dives in the first half, I'm not sure.

Are we sure that's the same Danny Swanson as who tore us apart for Dundee United? Other than a couple of dives in the first half, I'm not sure.

JMW and Swankie ripped us apart before joining us and being absolutely brutal, so it wouldn't be any great surprise if he turned out the same. We really do have fucking terrible luck with wingers.

Archived