Queen of the South vs St. Johnstone

jamamafegan

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'd probably play even worse if you went down to 10.

Considering thats exactly what happened against Motherwell, it wouldn't have been surprising.

I was going to mention this as well. I thought he was lucky to just get a yellow. It was very very late and he flew in to it at a fair rate. Wouldn't have surprised me had it been red.

I think yellow was probably right, but I've seen straight reds for less. It was certainly unnecessary and might, on another day, have cost us.

You say there was 2 rows of empty seats left for segregation? From my first half vantage point in the main stand I could clearly see that this divide disappeared just before kick off leaving no segregation or stewards/police at all between the two sets of fans. Had the St Johnstone singing section been closer to the home fans and not at the end section of the stand then anything could have been possible!!!

There were no seats between the two sets of supporters with both sets of supporters using the same gangway. The other aspect that really annoyed me was Saints fans being allowed to stand in that middle section restricting the view of many elderly and younger supporters.

What if something had kicked off there? There were two stewards at most in that area, one at top of stair and another at the bottom (and they sometimes disappeared to deal with supporters). A distinct lack of stewards and police yesterday at the match and much less than at Hibs match.

Last point was shambles at parking behind Portland Road end, behind Ice Bowl and is it King Street with cars parked all over the place not allowing vehicles to leave at end of match onto Glasgow Street. Who allowed the two Saints supporters buses into this area? I realise this will not fall under Queens remit and there was an big ice skating event on at the Ice Bowl but usually there are cones set up along these streets

There were no seats between the two sets of supporters with both sets of supporters using the same gangway. The other aspect that really annoyed me was Saints fans being allowed to stand in that middle section restricting the view of many elderly and younger supporters.

What if something had kicked off there? There were two stewards at most in that area, one at top of stair and another at the bottom (and they sometimes disappeared to deal with supporters). A distinct lack of stewards and police yesterday at the match and much less than at Hibs match.

Last point was shambles at parking behind Portland Road end, behind Ice Bowl and is it King Street with cars parked all over the place not allowing vehicles to leave at end of match onto Glasgow Street. Who allowed the two Saints supporters buses into this area? I realise this will not fall under Queens remit and there was an big ice skating event on at the Ice Bowl but usually there are cones set up along these streets

I'm waiting with baited breath for SD's reply to my original post last night. This should be interesting!

Chill out, your through to the next round!

I'm sure the buses that were parked were for the ice bowl could be wrong tho.

Higgins tackle looked a red to me I feared the worst and was releaved it was only yellow

Thought the highlights might have included the Higgins tackle. Steven McLean has been fairly lenient this season in terms of sending players off though; he's only handed out one straight red card in his last 33 games and that was to Dan Seabourne of Partick Thistle for denying a goalscoring opportunity that resulted in a penalty. Higgins probably fortunate that Willie Collum wasn't in charge!

Like others, I'm not convinced it would have had any impact on the outcome though.

I see TW has come out and said O'Halloran hadn't trained all week and thats why he was left out. Wish these sort of things were reported before the match, as it would make some of the decisions he made a bit more understandable

I'm sure the buses that were parked were for the ice bowl could be wrong tho.

Higgins tackle looked a red to me I feared the worst and was releaved it was only yellow

I am not saying it was a clear yellow but it was obvious that he had miscontrolled the ball and lunged to correct his mistake - not malicious in my view- but given some of the reffing we see I was relieved too when it was yellow.

I am not saying it was a clear yellow but it was obvious that he had miscontrolled the ball and lunged to correct his mistake - not malicious in my view- but given some of the reffing we see I was relieved too when it was yellow.

My half time comment was that if there were such a thing as an orange card, that tackle would have been it. Sits somewhere between red and yellow.

It was a catchy tune though :)

Not taking the piss, but why such a poor home support, you lads have had a great season playing some good stuff and must have really fancied your teams chances yesterday?

The opposition wasnt exactly great. We were absolutely average and thats NOT taking the piss .

Archived