Queen of the South vs St. Johnstone

jamamafegan

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only sold 250, people holding off buying incase it's off due to the weather and are unable for mid week trek plus them being on sale at the ground.

12 buses from Perth, I bus from Edinburgh and a 20 seater from Glenrothes so we should have 1000 down including car and train support.post-18781-14229676710515_thumb.jpg

Most folk are waiting till the day in case there is any doubt about a call off . I was going to buy in advance but will just do the same now , can't make a midweek game .

It won't be called off we play on a synthetic pitch and a very good one at that.

I don't think anyone expected us to go with a back three on Saturday so it'll be interesting to see the logic. Was it a tactic chosen specifically for the Cowdenbeath game? Was it something Fowler has planned for this game and he wanted to give it a trial run? Or perhaps it's a formation we are going to go with long term.

I wasn't at the game so I don't know how well it worked. I agree though that a wing-back role should suit Holt and Kidd, and it sorts the headache of having to pick 3 from 2 from Dowie, Durnan and Higgins who are all very good centre-halves.

Hibs completely dominated the midfield against us the week before so it was possibly a reaction to this putting an extra man in midfield, but Cowdenbeath certainly don't have the quality of Scott Allan, and I'm not sure St Johnstone will either.

Although it's a completely different game, it'd be a brave call making too many changes after a 5-0 victory. Aside from the enforced two I'd probably stick with Saturday's team, leaving Russell and Carmichael as good options from the bench.

I'm really looking forward to this, I love the Scottish Cup.

It worked well but I think that was due a lot to the opposition we were playing.

I could see us reverting back to a 4-4-2 with Burns in for the cup tied Millar and Carmichael in for Kidd.

Only sold 250, people holding off buying incase it's off due to the weather and are unable for mid week trek plus them being on sale at the ground.

12 buses from Perth, I bus from Edinburgh and a 20 seater from Glenrothes so we should have 1000 down including car and train support.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1422967670.314358.jpg

Be ready for big queues then at ticket booth.

Game will definitely be on I would think.

Easily be over 1000 going to this, we took 8-900 to morton on a Tuesday night for the Diddy cup last year and our attendances are up this year.

Alot of people don't see the point in making a trip to Perth for tickets when you can get them there

Expect to be a fair few saintees in the home end!

Easily be over 1000 going to this, we took 8-900 to morton on a Tuesday night for the Diddy cup last year and our attendances are up this year.

Alot of people don't see the point in making a trip to Perth for tickets when you can get them there

Expect to be a fair few saintees in the home end!

Why?? There will be plenty of room in the away end for them

Also I would think the chances of the game being off are slim to nil.

I couldn't recommend buying a ticket in advance more if I tried. The ticket booth at the away section will be dealing with both sets of fans and is usually manned by two people. If there really is going to be 800 St Johnstone fans, in addition to ours then it could be chaos.

Are tickets going to be available to home fans in advance?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1422978611.461724.jpg

Apologies for my geographical error.

PS. Get that terracing opened up !

With Saints being the holders I half expected this to be one of the live games. As that hasn't happened it will surely be one of the main games on the highlights programme on Saturday night. Great to have a ground with supporters on all four sides. Get the terrace open.

Archived