FIFA Goal of the Year

Co.Down Hibee

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The choices for FIFA goal of the year have been announced. 2 from the WC and one from a match in the womens league in Ireland. to be honest I can think of better goals in that WC never mind anything else but these are the 3 picked so which one would you choose.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30284030

Good ole' FIFA.

Rather than even attempt to find the best goals scored in the last year they just picked 2 from their own tournament and the best goal from a woman they could find to be politically correct.

Don't get me wrong, those are some fecking great goals but the top 3 in the world in the last year? Bollocks they are.

What a complete joke.

It's an internet vote so I fully expect the female park footballer to win as the twitterazzi will doubtless organise a block vote to beat those horrible, disgusting, disgraceful men.

A good goal is a good goal regardless if it's scored by a man, woman or child

It's a belter of a goal and no doubt its been given more publicity due to social media but I think if Ronaldo or Messi had scored it, it would still have been scud-booked round twitter and facebook

If she wins it then fair play to her, in a way I hope she doesn't, purely because of the amount of crap she'll have to put up with after.

Had a man scored that volley in a meaningless game with 90 people watching, a "goal of the year" award would be out of the question.

It's one thing scoring during a kickabout but context should mean something here- if the same ball was played to Ms. Roche in a World Cup match her arse would collapse IMO.

Looks like he could have been offside there.

The lass will win it. It's a cracking goal. Read a few YouTube comments though;;

"LFC supporter, been watching football for 45 years - best goal I've ever seen. If a male had scored this we wouldn't even be discussing it. Unbelievable skill in a competitive game - who cares it's not the World Cup or CL - this is about our game - the beautiful game - and it doesn't get more beautiful than this goal. Good luck Steph. Phil C Canada."

15989_full.jpg

Cant believe the girls goal was in this. Saw it last night for the first time and had been assured it was stunning.

I'd be surprised if league football in the UK that week didn't have a better goal.

When you watch goal of the year you should be thinking I could never do that. Not, give me 10 shots and I'd fancy replicating that.

• 1 month later...

Archived