Partick Thistle v Inverness Caley Thistle

davidspivey

In the past 20 years or so, the following teams have at least reached the final of either the Scottish Cup or the League Cup;

Celtic

Aberdeen

Dundee Utd

Dundee

Inverness

Ross County

Kilmarnock

St Mirren

Motherwell

St Johnstone

Hearts

Hibs

Rangers

Falkirk

QOS

Livingston

Raith Rovers

Ayr Utd

Airdrie

Dunfermline

Gretna

This will be our year, surely :rolleyes:

Not trying to Elevenerife you here, but I had a look at this earlier in the season, after some post game discussion about our piss poor cup record.

I looked at the last 25 years of Scottish and League cups and noted us and Hamilton were the only two teams not to have made a final that have played in the top division in that timeframe (to be fair, for Thistle I could have gone back 44 years).

Here's the table of SF appearances onwards since 1989-90, not counting this year's LC results. Two clubs removed for obvious cock-waving reasons. Arbitrarily awarded 5 points for a win, 2 for a RU and 1 for losing a semi (lol etc), but under any system our record is dreadful. SITD is seasons in the top division- again prior to this year hence Hearts having 25/25- took that as a reasonable marker of quality of a club.

Currently we're worse than 2 dead clubs. :lol:

post-107-0-22112300-1422989350_thumb.png

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does our inconsistent results also include cup games? If so then we can't lose this one.

Taylor's already match fit this time round so I'd like to see him start again but we've beaten ICT comfortably with the players we have so far this season.

Not trying to Elevenerife you here, but I had a look at this earlier in the season, after some post game discussion about our piss poor cup record.

I looked at the last 25 years of Scottish and League cups and noted us and Hamilton were the only two teams not to have made a final that have played in the top division in that timeframe (to be fair, for Thistle I could have gone back 44 years).

Here's the table of SF appearances onwards since 1989-90, not counting this year's LC results. Two clubs removed for obvious cock-waving reasons. Arbitrarily awarded 5 points for a win, 2 for a RU and 1 for losing a semi (lol etc), but under any system our record is dreadful. SITD is seasons in the top division- again prior to this year hence Hearts having 25/25- took that as a reasonable marker of quality of a club.

Currently we're worse than 2 dead clubs. :lol:

attachicon.gifcups.png

Fucking hell.

Appreciate you digging that out mate, it merely strengthens my point.

We're beyond honking in the cups.

Does our inconsistent results also include cup games? If so then we can't lose this one.

Taylor's already match fit this time round so I'd like to see him start again but we've beaten ICT comfortably with the players we have so far this season.

Aye. 29 right now, I think.

Let's hope for a win to reach the 30 mark.

Aye. 29 right now, I think.

Let's hope for a win to reach the 30 mark.

We are currently at 30.

Every game this season plus the final two of last year.

As previously asked, cup games have to be included, otherwise we're 'only' at 9.

I have a feeling we'll add to it with a victory and then get a nice draw in the quarters.

I work shifts including Saturdays and I'm already in for a day off on cup final day.

This is happening.

Quite looking forward to this. No doubt because ICT have only got youth strikers, we'll concede, but hopefully we keep up our decent record against them with a win here. Still think we're pretty safe in the league so to have a cup run would be nice. Taylor surely must start since he'll be match fit and hopefully that kicks Higginbotham into gear as well.

Is Booth eligible for this?

He was an unused sub for Hibs in the last round, not sure whether you need to get on the park to be cup-tied or not.

Pretty sure he needs to have played.

Taylor surely must start since he'll be match fit and hopefully that kicks Higginbotham into gear as well.

Has he received international clearance yet?

Vanishing spray being used for the first time in the cup matches this weekend. Hopefully it keeps Collum entertained enough to avoid sending someone off.

I hope the wee gimp sprays it on himself by mistake. Preferably before he awards a penalty and/ or sends off one of our players :angry:

According to MFR this is a league match, whereby if County hold Aberdeen and we win, we move to 2nd behind leaders Celtic. Can a mod move this to the Premiership forum accordingly pls?

According to MFR this is a league match, whereby if County hold Aberdeen and we win, we move to 2nd behind leaders Celtic. Can a mod move this to the Premiership forum accordingly pls?

With MFR on the case, should this not be moved to 'General Nonsese'...

Heading over from the city centre where are some decent boozers nearby that will have football on TV before the game?

Munro's or Cooper's, both on Great Western Rd probably the best bet.

The bar in the main stand has Sky / BT now this year, and away fans are fine to get in with colours on etc. It's not the greatest boozer in the world but it is handy.

Archived