Queens v Rangers

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not 100% confident going into this match. QotS took the lead twice at Ibrox in the last game before Rangers easily brushed them aside 4-2 so Rangers are going to have to play well if they want to win.

I think either side will have to play well to win. Queens will be stronger than the first meeting with McShane and, presumably, Kerr in the centre of midfield.

After championing his case for the Hearts game I have to say I was disappointed in Kidd. It's pretty telling that Dowie who is a centre-half playing at full-back, was more of an attacking threat down the right than Kidd. I'd bring Carmichael back in for this one.

I understand the reason we went with an extra midfielder against Hearts because that is were they are so strong. It didn't work because it left Reilly too isolated, and it isn't playing to his strengths using him as a lone striker. It also didn't help that two out of the three central midfielders had poor games. Kerr was terrible, and Dzierzawski was anonymous as always. Hopefully that will be the last time he is seen in a Queens jersey and is shipped off in January. Definitely the best option for all concerned, as we surely have someone in the U20s who could be as (in)effective as he is.

Fair play to Fowler though, he recognised it wasn't working and changed it. I'd much rather a manager that is tactically versatile, even if it doesn't always work, than one who stubbornly sticks with "Plan A". There isn't the same need to alter anything against The Rangers so I'd expect a return to 4-4-2, or 4-4-1-1 at the very least. Lyle again showed what a great option he can be from the bench. He probably did enough to earn a start for this one, but I'd be tempted to go with my favoured front 2 of Baird and Reilly, and introduce Lyle later on when his experience could be an asset.

I've not watched much of The Rangers this season, but it would seem that confidence is low at the moment so our best chance in this one is too take the game to them and not fall into the trap of showing them too much respect. I'm hopeful that we will be able to do this.

Was Rangers away Jim Mcintyres last game in charge ? Sure this was before the international break and can't remember if he was in charge for another match. Could have all that totally wrong though.

Yes it was McIntyre's last game, Fowler was suspended and Mcshane and Kerr were not playing it was kidd and Kev in middle and bench full of the young lads from the under 20's.

Yes it was McIntyre's last game, Fowler was suspended and Mcshane and Kerr were not playing it was kidd and Kev in middle and bench full of the young lads from the under 20's.

...and John Baird. And it wasn't full. We only managed to list six subs for that one so short of numbers were we at the time. Atkinson and Baird were joined by Dean Smith (who got on), Slattery, Hooper and Aidan Smith. Four 1st team starts between them, three of which were Pat Slattery's two seasons ago and the other Scott Hooper's when we played a shadow side at Cowdenbeath last season.

After championing his case for the Hearts game I have to say I was disappointed in Kidd. It's pretty telling that Dowie who is a centre-half playing at full-back, was more of an attacking threat down the right than Kidd. I'd bring Carmichael back in for this one.

I understand the reason we went with an extra midfielder against Hearts because that is were they are so strong. It didn't work because it left Reilly too isolated, and it isn't playing to his strengths using him as a lone striker. It also didn't help that two out of the three central midfielders had poor games. Kerr was terrible, and Dzierzawski was anonymous as always. Hopefully that will be the last time he is seen in a Queens jersey and is shipped off in January. Definitely the best option for all concerned, as we surely have someone in the U20s who could be as (in)effective as he is.

Fair play to Fowler though, he recognised it wasn't working and changed it. I'd much rather a manager that is tactically versatile, even if it doesn't always work, than one who stubbornly sticks with "Plan A". There isn't the same need to alter anything against The Rangers so I'd expect a return to 4-4-2, or 4-4-1-1 at the very least. Lyle again showed what a great option he can be from the bench. He probably did enough to earn a start for this one, but I'd be tempted to go with my favoured front 2 of Baird and Reilly, and introduce Lyle later on when his experience could be an asset.

I've not watched much of The Rangers this season, but it would seem that confidence is low at the moment so our best chance in this one is too take the game to them and not fall into the trap of showing them too much respect. I'm hopeful that we will be able to do this.

Lyle's age has caught up with him and this is why he is more effective coming off the bench than starting . What a great sub to bring on though. Del boy has an eagerness to get involved straight away . He might be getting on but he won't lose his lovely touch or football brain. A legend in my book and would love him to come on on Friday and score the winner.

Hope we play 442 and have a go at Rangers on frid night, would like to see our usual back 5 with midfield of Carmichael, Mcshane, Kerr, Russell with Reilly and Lyle up top.

Subs Baird Kidd Kev, the gaffer, Paton, Hooper and Jim.

Has Young Kiltie returned to kilmarnock

Has Young Kiltie returned to kilmarnock

No I forgot about him due to him not featuring on sat but that was because of being called back to play for Killie in the under 20 scot cup on sun v Hibs which the lost 3-1, so would prob swop the gaffer for him.

If Kiltie is back in our squad I would start him on the wing to me who looks better than Kidd and Danny. Kidd was absolutely anonymous on Saturday in an attacking sense and pray we don't start him. Kev was very good for our 20 odd min great spell against hearts and wouldn't be gutted if he starts but he really has to start improving as time is ticking and his spell here has flown in with very little positive involvement.

Aye but then he'd have to post on a QotS thread..

Doesn't work Bennett.

Look who the most prolific posters on the dedicated Queens thread are. I think I'm third or something.

As for the game, we should have a decent chance. At Ibrox, we were hopelessly depleted, particularly in midfield and it really showed, allowing us to get overrun.

I can see it however being one of those games where we play alright, miss some decent chances and wind up losing two nil, to one decent goal and another comedy one.

It would be a nice one to win though.

Saw this on the Queens Mad Site, as I'm not signed up to it I couldn't post but thought it was worth a mention on here.

Real PR disaster and just hope we don't concede an own goal like it on Friday. I feel someone needs to address this and quickly.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=429&fid=206&sty=2&act=1&mid=2110459038

Saw this on the Queens Mad Site, as I'm not signed up to it I couldn't post but thought it was worth a mention on here.

Real PR disaster and just hope we don't concede an own goal like it on Friday. I feel someone needs to address this and quickly.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=429&fid=206&sty=2&act=1&mid=2110459038

I don't see this helping with the bumpkin thing.

Archived