Queens v Rangers

Looking forward to what should be a fantastic match & atmosphere under the floodlights at Palmerston tommorow.

The FOUR sides of the ground will be in use and Bt sport & bbc Scot radio are broadcasting this 3rd v 2nd fixture championship fixture live.

Really hope the Dumfries public get out and support the Queens tomorow night you can pay for tickets at the arena right up to kick off,

Hope Queens get out the traps quick and attack the dodgy Rangers back line. The best method of defending is to attack, you just need to look back at the Hearts game last sat and see how well we played in the opening of the 2nd half.

Let's keep our heads and 11 men on the park.

SUPERSOUTH.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking forward to what should be a fantastic match & atmosphere under the floodlights at Palmerston tommorow.

The FOUR sides of the ground will be in use and Bt sport & bbc Scot radio are broadcasting this 3rd v 2nd fixture championship fixture live.

Really hope the Dumfries public get out and support the Queens tomorow night you can pay for tickets at the arena right up to kick off,

Hope Queens get out the traps quick and attack the dodgy Rangers back line. The best method of defending is to attack, you just need to look back at the Hearts game last sat and see how well we played in the opening of the 2nd half.

Let's keep our heads and 11 men on the park.

SUPERSOUTH.

Yes, I'm fair looking forward to it too.

I'd love us to deliver something against them at Palmerston.

I kind of expected Rangers to respond to the Alloa result by hammering Cowdenbeath, but they weren't able to do that, suggesting that they're really not great at the moment.

If we play well, we've a decent chance here. It's important to avoid carelessness at the back, a feature of the last twice we've hosted Rangers.

What an absolutely dreadful analagy that is. But running with it for a second, Tesco's is open 24 hours in Dumfries, Morrisons isn't. Presumably if Morrisons felt it was worth their while commercially to match Tesco's opening hours they would do so. Clearly they don't think it is necessary based on some degree of cost / benefit analysis. Do you think Morrisons SHOULD open because Tesco is? Is it a PR Disaster that they haven't? Have you complained to them about this? And every other retailer in Dumfries too while we're at it since Tesco sell just about everything.

At the end of the day if we felt there was a particular need to have additional out of hours opening for this game we'd have found a way to organise some. Tickets will be available on the night of the game so there was no great need and highlighting an individual case which is somehow unable or unwilling to use any of the ticket buying methods available to him does not remotely a "PR Disaster" make. It's not just "a wee bit OTT", it's complete hyperbole.

:thumsup2 It would have been Victoria Thomson who served you presumably. She was in the office for more than half the day I believe. I was there briefly during lunch. I think Jim Thomson also sold some tickets at some point.

Who would you like to staff it? Certainly not the cafe staff who don't work for the club. If they had enough spare time to sell things from the club shop whilst employed by the cafe presumably they wouldn't be employed by the cafe!

Do you think additional sales in non-office hours would justify the club paying someone for several hours a day to do it? Or do you expect someone to sit in the shop voluntarily every night in case someone comes in?

The shop is open before and after each home match and can be accessed by calling at the club office during advertised club opening hours (9-4:30pm 4 days a week). It also has occasional promotional nights outside those hours which are advertised in advance. I doubt we're losing enough revenue outwith those hours that would justify employing someone to staff it.

Ok so maybe it wasn't the best analogy but the gist of my point is still that if someone is looking to spend their hard earned cash we should not be making it difficult to do so.

What I would like to make crystal clear is that I have no ill feeling towards any individuals who ether are employed or work as volunteers at Palmerston in fact I take my hat off to all who offer their services for free. I don't actually know the people who do or did work there apart from a polite hello or some other acknowledgement.

Now onto the important matter at hand, tomorrow's game. Our home form is good and if we take the game to them we have nothing to fear, play like we played against Raith and we'll win. However if we set up and play like we did in the first half last weekend and we all know what will happen.

Score in the first half vs Hearts 1-0,

Score in the second half vs Hearts 3-1.

We won't employ the same tactics tomorrow, but not because of what happened against Hearts, but because we're at home and because The Rangers are a poorer side than The Jambos.

Does anyone know if you can get odds for this being Ally's last game anywhere.

You might be better walking into a Bookies and asking them if they'll give you odds on that. I doubt any of the online Bookies will have that type of bet available.

Question: where are all the Rangers fans? Do they generally not participate in the match threads?

In response to your original question, only been on this board since this summer, it would appear that there are only a handful of active posters who are Rangers supporters, but it isn't any wonder, the amount of stick my club takes on here. Most of the pish comes from 'fans' who don't even follow their own team! F*ck em! It's a good board!

In response to your original question, only been on this board since this summer, it would appear that there are only a handful of active posters who are Rangers supporters, but it isn't any wonder, the amount of stick my club takes on here. Most of the pish comes from 'fans' who don't even follow their own team! F*ck em! It's a good board!

It is indeed a good board Rob. You even get people who derive lots of enjoyment from mocking Rangers; while simultaneously supporting their own club heartily. There is time for both, you know.

Enjoy your trip to the beautiful South today; just not the outdoor, cold bit.

It is indeed a good board Rob. You even get people who derive lots of enjoyment from mocking Rangers; while simultaneously supporting their own club heartily. There is time for both, you know. Enjoy your trip to the beautiful South today; just not the outdoor, cold bit.

At least the forecast is for it to be dry this evening, though rather cold.

As for our team I would go,

Clark

Dowie, Higgins, Durnan, Holt

Carmichael, McShane,Kerr, Russell.

Reily,Lyle.

That would leave a bench of Atkinson, Paton, Baird, Kev and Hooper.

For me Baird was too wasteful with the ball when he came on last week where as Lyle help to change the game.

Will be down there tomorrow, no worries, looking forward to a good drink and a good game. Follow Follow

Yes this can be a good board with good banter.

Enjoy your trip to the freezing south-west but not too much with Queens shading it 2-1!

At least the forecast is for it to be dry this evening, though rather cold.

As for our team I would go,

Clark

Dowie, Higgins, Durnan, Holt

Carmichael, McShane,Kerr, Russell.

Reily,Lyle.

That would leave a bench of Atkinson, Paton, Baird, Kev and Hooper.

For me Baird was too wasteful with the ball when he came on last week where as Lyle help to change the game.

With Kerr missing thru injury that team won't work and there is also Kidd, Kiltie and Fowler in the squad that could feature either in the starting 11 or on the bench.

Archived