Loosely related I have a pair of Jordan 5's with hair peroxide and clingfilm on the sole sat in the sunshine just now trying to reverse the yellowing effect you get with certain AJ models. The things you do to keep trainers looking new.

Edited by Billy Dynamite

Hi Tek are meant to make decent hill walking boots. I wouldn't have a problem with a pair if they were comfy. Also, fair play to them for still chucking trainers out, I thought they would have given up years ago!

I have hi-tec boots but they are branded magnum. I paid £25 and they are watertight I could stand in the sea all day and still have dry feet. they give good ankle support and are pretty comfy to wear all day running about.

Slightly off topic but are cowboy boots cool? I think they are but was called various names at work for saying so.

Dangerous ground there I reckon. If you're a 6'4 GI type and are confident, go for it! You could get the roasting to end all roastings though.

Your workmates maybe were thinking just that. Giving you a wee warning. ????