Question Time

Elixir

Just a hunch, but perhaps in such a strongly pro-independence city it's difficult to find ordinary people who are pro-union and politically engaged enough to want to apply.

That's also why the number of rejections is skewed towards those in favour of independence.

Aye, or maybe the state broadcaster which is desperate to prevent independence selected an audience with that in mind

The whole 2nd Indyref stuff that's spouted all the time does my head in.

If the people of Scotland don't want a referendum, they won't vote for a pro-indy party with it in their manifesto.

If they don't want Independence, they won't vote for it in the event of a referendum.

It's pretty fucking simple.

It's completely up to the voter.

If the people of Scotland don't want a referendum, they won't vote for a pro-indy party with it in their manifesto.

If they don't want Independence, they won't vote for it in the event of a referendum.

The Britnats thought that they would be able to just put national self-determination back in its box for a few decades; unsurprisingly they've failed to do so, and so are now furiously trying to make it happen before their next, inevitable shoeing by the electorate.

Edited by vikingTON

Just a hunch, but perhaps in such a strongly pro-independence city it's difficult to find ordinary people who are pro-union and politically engaged enough to want to apply.

That's also why the number of rejections is skewed towards those in favour of independence.

Absolute pish, 40000 people voted no in Dundee, 43 per cent of the city. It's only a slightly bigger majority than Scotland voted no, and apparently Yes came very close to winning.

First point, not so much. SNP (was) a vote for council tax freezes and is a vote for middle earner tax cuts like no tuition fees. The SNPs ability to court the No voter is probably one of their greatest successes, not to vote yes, but to vote for the SNP. It's something the media (particularly English) and some yes voters can't get their head around.

The SNP can't have it both ways though. They didn't bother implementing many of the more 'progressive' parts of their manifesto such as reducing class sizes, then blamed their focus on the referendum for it. Now it is getting brought up, they seemingly want to talk about the issues that affect ordinary people. Bullshit.

That was one hour of shite right there.

I must say, the continual fapping of The Master and the other Sevco non entity on here trying to deny the BBC are trolling supporters of independence with that partisan bollocks from Dundee last night is beyond humorous.

qtwiles.jpg

wiles5.jpg

wiles2.jpg

wiles3.jpg

wiles4.jpg

wiles1.jpg

Previous
Next

Previous
Next

First point, not so much. SNP (was) a vote for council tax freezes and is a vote for middle earner tax cuts like no tuition fees. The SNPs ability to court the No voter is probably one of their greatest successes, not to vote yes, but to vote for the SNP. It's something the media (particularly English) and some yes voters can't get their head around.

The SNP can't have it both ways though. They didn't bother implementing many of the more 'progressive' parts of their manifesto such as reducing class sizes, then blamed their focus on the referendum for it. Now it is getting brought up, they seemingly want to talk about the issues that affect ordinary people. Bullshit.

Evidence or this, or is your own brand of anti-SNP (because BRITAIN) bullshit?

Oh dear, Fide takes a swing and a miss. Again.You don't have to be against independence to get fed up with the conspiracy bullshit that's spouted at every opportunity.

You'd have to be incredibly naive to think there isn't an enormous effort across the political spectrum ongoing including the press and civil service to thwart independence tbf. I mean have you been asleep for the last 4 years?

Didn't make great viewing that tonight, surprised as anyone else on the 'mix' of the audience. Promise myself every week that I won't sit through it, yet sat here again thinking that was another f*ckin waste of an hour.

I never watch it on the night.

I go on tae the Iplayer and watch the recording.

That way I can fast forward tae the guid bits.

You'd have to be incredibly naive to think there isn't an enormous effort across the political spectrum ongoing including the press and civil service to thwart independence tbf. I mean have you been asleep for the last 4 years?

The very fact that some of the "Better Together" campaigners are now vociferously whining about shocking bias and political interventions aimed at skewing the result of the upcoming EU referendum suggests that they were aware of the same thing (albeit in their favour) happening during the Scottish referendum campaign. They suddenly cry foul over things in which they were engaged only a couple of years ago. Their complaints are virtually identical to those made by the "Yes Scotland" side, which they then scornfully - if disingenuously - dismissed.

Edited by Antlion

Oh dear, Fide takes a swing and a miss. Again.

You don't have to be against independence to get fed up with the conspiracy bullshit that's spouted at every opportunity.

A swing and a miss only in your head, sunshine.

It's not conspiracy when the facts are laid out in front of you in glorious HD.  Do you truly believe that QT last night was representative of the people of Dundee?

A couple of my pals applied to get on and were rejected. One an SNP member and the other two not members but SNP voters of late.

For Brandon Davey to not only get in the audience, but to be selected for opinion is beyond belief! The form you fill in asks you to disclose all kinds of information including do you hold office or have you stood for election etc etc. Anyone with a half decent interest of Scottish politics knows who Bradon Davy is. That he stood against Salmond last year and that he lives about 120 miles away from Dundee in Morpeth. Marra must have known who he was.

Complaint made.

A couple of my pals applied to get on and were rejected. One an SNP member and the other two not members but SNP voters of late.

For Brandon Davey to not only get in the audience, but to be selected for opinion is beyond belief! The form you fill in asks you to disclose all kinds of information including do you hold office or have you stood for election etc etc. Anyone with a half decent interest of Scottish politics knows who Bradon Davy is. That he stood against Salmond last year and that he lives about 120 miles away from Dundee in Morpeth. Marra must have known who he was.

Complaint made.

Marra does know him, she tweeted him directly before.

I never watch it on the night.

I go on tae the Iplayer and watch the recording.

That way I can fast forward tae the guid bits.

I wouldn't bother this week unless you want your blood pressure to go through the roof at the propagandafest Edited by bob the tank

Is Marra considered a rising star for labour? If that's the best they have to offer, their problems are beyond terminal.

She was fucking horrendous. A total non-entity.

It was hilarious watching wee Wullie Rennie sitting in the corner sulking being asked every question last and then nobody bothering their arses with what he said. What's the point of that man.

Ruthie was completely playing up to her 'angry, slightly swivel-eyed defender of the yoonyin' persona she thinks will win her votes, which won't.

Wasn't particularly impressed with Swinney either. I don't think his 'broken promise' patter about the EU was effective at all.

The token Southern Tory acted like the token Southern Tory.

Leaving wee Patrick to steal the show.

I stopped watching after about 20 minutes as it was so obviously biased against the SNP that it was almost laughable. BBC stooges in the audience to ask the questions the BBC want asked. Anyone who still believes the BBC were impartial during the referendum campaign/are impartial now really should be kept away from all sharp objects