Question Time

Elixir

• 3 weeks later...

It's going to be quite interesting tomorrow night in Aberdeen. 

The panel is Megan Gallagher, Anas Sarwar, Stephen Flynn, Alex Salmond, and Iain Dale. 

Tasty. 

I’ll save you the trouble of watching. 

Alex has all the charisma but zero relevance. (Even managed the big Vince McMahon walk on, wtf?) 
Anas beige as beige.
The conservative lassie, I’m sure she’s lovely.
Stephen Flynn comes across as a thin skinned poundshop ned. 
The LBC man talks a lot of sense but, much like Alex, totally irrelevant. 

The standard of debate, seemingly for fear of upsetting any one particular group, is extremely poor. 

And let me guess. The Aberdeen audience was as dull as ditchwater. Full of I'm alright Jack - work in oil and gas - Tory Unionists. Self loathers who love to put Scotland down - whilst making a fortune here. 'Planning' Engineers or 'Cost' Engineers for example. GTF. Rant over. 👍😄

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, GTee said:

And let me guess. The Aberdeen audience was as dull as ditchwater. Full of I'm alright Jack - work in oil and gas - Tory Unionists. Self loathers who love to put Scotland down - whilst making a fortune here. 'Planning' Engineers or 'Cost' Engineers for example. GTF. Rant over. 👍😄

There certainly weren't many environmental lobbyists, although a couple piped up.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of the questioners turned out to be Meghan Gallacher's mum 😀

Salmond made a good point to the woman who looked like she'd swallowed as wasp while proclaiming "John Swinney cannot be a First Minister for all of Scotland", that you'll never get a leader for all of Scotland no matter who's in power, when the unionist/nationalist population is split 50/50.

Edited by Lurkst

3 hours ago, Lurkst said:

There certainly weren't many environmental lobbyists, although a couple piped up.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of the questioners turned out to be Meghan Gallacher's mum 😀

Salmond made a good point to the woman who looked like she'd swallowed as wasp while proclaiming "John Swinney cannot be a First Minister for all of Scotland", that you'll never get a leader for all of Scotland no matter who's in power, when the unionist/nationalist population is split 50/50.

Total tory front row plant and probably a relation of Fiona Bruce from her fathers Scottish side of the family.

1 hour ago, Lurkst said:

GNyOJK6WgAE3X7a?format=jpg&name=small

image.jpeg.36c2cb7f715b3ab4f56db6a27aa4a

I only caught the final few minutes, so can't really comment on the proceedings, but if you're confident about your statistics, I suggest that you send that as a complaint to the BBC. By no stretch of the imagination can that be described as FB "chairing" the debate. From those figures it looks to me like she was an active and hostile participant!

Still. I'm sure that the BBC will give a full and frank admission and apology. 😂

Meanwhile, on planet Earth, the response will be, "Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Your complaint is in the bucket."

5 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

In the last few years, i’ve noticed the Scottish Tories giving Meghan Gallacher a ‘push’.

She seems a decent person, but will never capture the imagination IMO.

Thoughts on Megan?

Big eyebrows, but I cannot remember a thing she said.

image.jpeg.fe1b40d6b0389118497dbdc2d2cac163.jpeg

7 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Thoughts on Megan?

Big eyebrows, but I cannot remember a thing she said.

image.jpeg.fe1b40d6b0389118497dbdc2d2cac163.jpeg

Aye I’m much the same.  I get the impression they’re shoving her to the front a lot as a box ticking exercise.

Although in saying that, they don’t have much talent full stop.

On 17/05/2024 at 21:56, Lurkst said:

GNyOJK6WgAE3X7a?format=jpg&name=small

image.jpeg.36c2cb7f715b3ab4f56db6a27aa4a

I was listening to it the other day and I know Fiona isn't exactly impartial but she was another level with the way she was gunning for Flynn. This can't go on.

• 2 weeks later...