Islamic Hostage Taker In Sydney

Dee Man

Was it not an ass, that you're not supposed to covet if your neighbour's already in there? Or just your neighbour's arse, it's probably lost in translation from the Aramaic. Don't remember the talking donkey but if there was one I would consider worshipping it if it was cute and didn't talk too much.

You haven't seen my neighbour's arse. No coveting going on here. :yucky

The bible's got a talking snake in it as well, remember? Unicorns too. What's not to love?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right, Lofty. I have read the quote below several times and can categorically agree have you not once said you hate donkeys.

You have also said that you won't sit beside someone on a bus because they believe in a certain religion, that makes you a bigot and a bit of a lunatic.

No, it makes me someone who doesn't travel by bus. I gather you are trying to 'push' your sense of humour by labeling me a bigot and a lunatic, seems to backfire a bit when you cannot back up your claims. Unless you think labeling someone with a mental disorder is funny ?

No, it makes me someone who doesn't travel by bus. I gather you are trying to 'push' your sense of humour by labeling me a bigot and a lunatic, seems to backfire a bit when you cannot back up your claims. Unless you think labeling someone with a mental disorder is funny ?

Of course it does, so you mentioned your dislike of sitting next to donkey lovers on the bus because you don't like to travel by bus?

What have the donkeys done to you?

Don't say that the tea party lobby in Texas trying to convince people that the world was created in 6 days or whatever would have a field day, this is where 'Christian science' gets it's facts from.

No kidding - I used to share an office with a guy who knew, not believed, knew that God created the universe in 6 consecutive, 24-hour periods. Then he took Sunday off. Not sure why because football wasn't even televised on Sundays back then.

Sadly, it isn't just the tea-party, nor is it restricted to Texas. For the last few decades (at least) the Republican party have been pushing hard to enshrine Old Testament dictates into law. Creationism being taught in public schools as if it were fact, the "Defence of Marriage" act to legalize discrimination, the Ten Commandments on display in public buildings and so on. And even more sadly, they've had considerable success.

There are a LOT of Christians here who would be incensed at Tom's assertion that the Old Testament doesn't apply to Christianity. Without that, how could they justify their vile behavior.

Are you saying unicorns aren't real. They're our national animal ;)

Good point. I've heard US Christians claim that God must exist because the currency has "In God we Trust" written on it. God presumably, having held a part-time job at the mint since the 1950's.

The unicorn is on British coins. Ergo, unicorns exist.

At least it's good to see our Northern Irish posters branching out in terms of their religious hatred.

Man criticises those guilty of religious hatred, and then stereotypes a whole country in doing so.

Irony, doncha' just love it?

Incidentally, if someone believes in, "their", God being omnipotent, is it really that crazy for them to think another god is Satan?

I believe all Gods are false - will I be banned for offending all religions?

Whoops, just seen the posts about paedophilia, so am retracting the Satan defence,

I don't like the bit in the novel about crash dieting, seriously, three days to roll away a stone, this cannot be good for you.

Mott The Hoople wrote songs much quicker than that...................

I've got my coat and I'm already leaving..................

Man criticises those guilty of religious hatred, and then stereotypes a whole country in doing so.

Irony, doncha' just love it?

Incidentally, if someone believes in, "their", God being omnipotent, is it really that crazy for them to think another god is Satan?

I believe all Gods are false - will I be banned for offending all religions?

It's a bit daft when all the Judaic religions claim to worship the same god.

It's a bit daft.

That will suffice for me.

Our CEO has just e-mailed all staff with a very Christiany Christmassy message, and that pisses me off a little. He's more than entitled to his view, and to celebrate Christmas however he wants to, but I do not want to go into work to receive patronising messages like this.

Anyone hear the police guy on the news say "when we heard gunshots we switched to the MPA.

Emergency Action Plan."...???

I take it that's supposed to be Emergency Plan of Action, and "M" is for "Mergency"?

Anyone hear the police guy on the news say "when we heard gunshots we switched to the MPA.

Emergency Action Plan."...???

I take it that's supposed to be Emergency Plan of Action, and "M" is for "Mergency"?

Wondered about that too, just put it down to Aussies thinking thick is cool.

Laughed so hard pee came out.

2 innocent people and one scumbag killed in a terrorist attack and you laugh at it being called 3-0 to the police.

Once again you show your true colours.

This time you didn't even bother finding out which class the victims were in before laughing at them.

Christian theologians would disagree.

Which is why I can eat prawns and bacon and don't need to get my foreskin chopped off.

Christianity, the clue's in the name.

Old testament.

The clue is in the name.

I'm sure you'd like to pretend it's called the torah but it clearly isn't.

Archived