The Great Big Morton Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see on the SFA transfer list some of the deals are named as 'loan' and some are 'temporary transfer'. McManus is down as a 'temporary transfer'.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=14232&newsCategoryID=1

What's the difference?

This is what the SFA define a "Temporary Transfer" as:

3.2 Temporary Transfer Provided that it is during a registration period or special dispensation has been granted in accordance with Rule 1.4 a player, who is registered by means of a Non-Recreational Form for a club in full or associate membership of the Association or in membership of an Affiliated Association or the Scottish Junior FA may have his registration transferred temporarily to another club. The club to which a player’s registration is to be transferred temporarily shall lodge with the Secretary a completed Transfer Form indicating temporary transfer signed by the player and on behalf of each club concerned by its secretary or other accredited official. The terms and conditions under which a player’s registration is to be temporarily transferred shall be clearly stated therein. The temporary transfer of the player’s registration will be effected from the date on which such form is received and acknowledged as valid by the Secretary. The clubs and the player concerned shall each be issued with written or electronic confirmation of the temporary transfer of registration from the Association, acknowledging the validity of the temporary transfer form. The temporary transfer of a player’s registration once effected, shall continue in force until the expiry date of the period of the temporary transfer, unless the terms and conditions of the temporary transfer of registration contain provision for the early termination of the temporary transfer. Such termination shall be notified to the Secretary in writing, signed by the player and by the secretary or other accredited official of each club concerned. Provided that it is during a registration period or special dispensation has been granted in accordance with Rule 1.4, on the termination of a temporary transfer of registration, the player’s registration shall immediately revert to the club from which his registration was temporarily transferred subject to the rules of any other recognized football body where applicable.

This is what the SFA define a "Temporary Transfer" as:

3.2 Temporary Transfer Provided that it is during a registration period or special dispensation has been granted in accordance with Rule 1.4 a player, who is registered by means of a Non-Recreational Form for a club in full or associate membership of the Association or in membership of an Affiliated Association or the Scottish Junior FA may have his registration transferred temporarily to another club. The club to which a player’s registration is to be transferred temporarily shall lodge with the Secretary a completed Transfer Form indicating temporary transfer signed by the player and on behalf of each club concerned by its secretary or other accredited official. The terms and conditions under which a player’s registration is to be temporarily transferred shall be clearly stated therein. The temporary transfer of the player’s registration will be effected from the date on which such form is received and acknowledged as valid by the Secretary. The clubs and the player concerned shall each be issued with written or electronic confirmation of the temporary transfer of registration from the Association, acknowledging the validity of the temporary transfer form. The temporary transfer of a player’s registration once effected, shall continue in force until the expiry date of the period of the temporary transfer, unless the terms and conditions of the temporary transfer of registration contain provision for the early termination of the temporary transfer. Such termination shall be notified to the Secretary in writing, signed by the player and by the secretary or other accredited official of each club concerned. Provided that it is during a registration period or special dispensation has been granted in accordance with Rule 1.4, on the termination of a temporary transfer of registration, the player’s registration shall immediately revert to the club from which his registration was temporarily transferred subject to the rules of any other recognized football body where applicable.

How is that different from a 'Loan'?

I think we are more likely to play two up with a midfield diamond behind them. Probably Caldwell at the top of the diamond with Peaso and McManus upfront and O'Ware holding plus Forbes left and McKee right. Puts a lot of pressure on the fullbacks to provide width and get up and down the park which can leave us exposed defensively to teams (like Forfar) who can break quickly..

I've interpreted the formation in the previous 2 games to be slightly different versions of a 4-3-3 so I'd say we're more likely to play with a 4-3-3.

I think it means that the player can't be recalled early unless everyone consents.

If a player signs a loan deal between the transfer windows, such as McManus has now, he can't be called back to Aberdeen until the end of the season. The reason for this is that his registration is transfered from Aberdeen to Morton, and you cannot transfer registrations between windows.

Emergency loans work a little differently, as I believe the registration stays with the parent club, hence why the player can be recalled.

Or something like that.

If a player signs a loan deal between the transfer windows, such as McManus has now, he can't be called back to Aberdeen until the end of the season. The reason for this is that his registration is transfered from Aberdeen to Morton, and you cannot transfer registrations between windows.

Emergency loans work a little differently, as I believe the registration stays with the parent club, hence why the player can be recalled.

Or something like that.

So, it is to do with registration then...

Get it up you Sinclair Street. I was of some help.

Our squad is crying out for a 3-5-2 formation tbh. I hope that's what duffy settles on.

Absolutely not. Our centre backs can barely co-ordinate themselves and cover for each other when there's 2 of them... The chaos if there were to be 3 of them doesn't bear thinking about.

So, it is to do with registration then...

Get it up you Sinclair Street. I was of some help.

Not really. Nobody has come up with what the difference between 'Loan' and 'Temporary Transfer'. Forget about the emergency loans for now, that window hasn't opened yet.

I'm talking about deals done yesterday, some were loans and some were temporary transfers.

Archived