The Great Big Morton Thread

If there wasn't abuse given, then there wouldn't have been a comment back - simple

Crawl back into your hole sod

Well no: Joe McKee is free to make comments to the crowd about anything. It doesn't actually prove that there was any abuse, from the crowd, to Joe McKee.

Try again.

What was the "abuse" you identified as being given to the players by the nasty Morton fans? It's a very straightforward question, and at the umpteent time of asking, you've yet to provide a credible answer. Funny that.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's he saying?

Would you mind toning down the abuse please. Cheers, the mooderating team.

He basically says that players won't get a start based on how well they've played in the game before. He picks his team based on the type of game.

One would have to assume that it doesn't matter how you train either then, if you're only going to get a game based on who the next opponents are. Where's the incentive in that?

It's all good and well changing it up every week, but that only really works if you get away with doing it - which for large parts of this season we haven't.

You pick your best 11 - we have a better squad than anyone in this league.

Teams should really be reacting to play us and not the other way around.

We're strong favourites now Jim, find a system that includes all our best players in preferable positions and stick with it. No more sticking 6 at the back to cling onto narrow leads against pub teams please. It's not hard.

He basically says that players won't get a start based on how well they've played in the game before. He picks his team based on the type of game.

One would have to assume that it doesn't matter how you train either then, if you're only going to get a game based on who the next opponents are. Where's the incentive in that?

It's all good and well changing it up every week, but that only really works if you get away with doing it - which for large parts of this season we haven't.

You pick your best 11 - we have a better squad than anyone in this league.

Yes Jim. That's the reason you picked Stefan to start the Ayr match and left Ross Caldwell on the bench - he was the 'right person for he game'. Nothing to do with his sole good game for the club coming a week earlier at Stenny.

To be fair, with the effect that he had in that game in Stenny, I can understand the logic of keeping him in the side feeling that he had earned a place. He's certainly not the only manager that would have done so.

I agree with that and it was a decision that had some merit. Duffy's interview totally contradicts that thinking though by saying he won't choose based on performance but who's right for each game.

I see (on the club website, amazingly) that the next development match is at home to Annan, half 7 kick-off on Tuesday.

Going by the first-team-esque string of inconsistent results so far I'd assume that they're mid-table in their league.

"I am not big into music and leave all that to Sean Crighton down at Morton. It is his job to make up stuff for the dressing room - as I’m a bit older than most of the players I do not get too involved in it."

Well, now we know were Seans mind is at during the games, he's to busy thinking about what mix he's going to be playing for lads at half/full time.

Archived