The Great Big Morton Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not at all. But of a daft old boy that made and inappropriate joke in response to a wee brat taking the piss out of him and has cried foul when he's seen the chance to make a mountain out of a molehill and screw him over.

Technically he deserves to pay for it with his career, but I'd sooner describe him as an idiot for telling jokes more suited to a pub than a classroom and say the real cunt is the kid who's stuck him in it.

I'm sure when he grows up he'll be proud of himself for grassing on a guy and costing him his career over a maw joke.

If the guy can't deal with difficult pupils he shouldn't be position in the first place.. He's in a position of responsibility, and has a duty of care for everyone he teaches. If he has difficulties there are mechanisms in place where he could get help. By acting like a child himself he has proven he is incapable of dealing with pupils. To blame a kid for "grassing" on him is wrong. He shouldn't have put himself in that position.

If the guy can't deal with difficult pupils he shouldn't be position in the first place.. He's in a position of responsibility, and has a duty of care for everyone he teaches. If he has difficulties there are mechanisms in place where he could get help. By acting like a child himself he has proven he is incapable of dealing with pupils. To blame a kid for "grassing" on him is wrong. He shouldn't have put himself in that position.

But that's not what you said. You described him as a "cunt", I've described him as an idiot- more in line with your analysis in this post.

I'm not disputing that he isn't in a position of responsibility, and pointed out that he should pay for it with his career.

But there comes a point in life that children too have to grow up and accept that they too can have damaging roles in such sorry stories. Are you suggesting that a child, or young adolescent shouldn't look at the negative influence their role may have in a conflict situation until the point that they leave school? That's hardly preparing them for life in the real world.

Depending on the age of the pupil (and I wouldn't imagine he/she was 12 or 13), I find it difficult to believe that the poor child's tears were genuine.

Strikes me as mock outrage about a guy who's made a mess of something and it's cost him dearly. Stupid old guy he is by the looks of things, Jimmy Savile he doesn't appear to be.

Apparently the Tele headline "Morton striker MacDonald to go under the knife" actually meant that he was to have an injection, but clearly "Morton striker MacDonald to have an injection" didn't do it for the sub-editor.

He's had an injection and will rest for a week and hopefully will be ok after that.

In the original Tele article Duffy was quoted as saying: “The procedure is to shrink the bulging disc to make sure there is less pressure, or no pressure.” But an injection will only alleviate the symptoms and will not shrink the disc. The earlier post by Tonnitus suggested the procedure would be a "proper fix", which would also indicate a discectomy.

In the latest Tele article, Duffy says: “It wasn’t an operation or anything invasive but an injection type thing”. I’m not sure what an “injection type thing” is, but the phrasing suggests it wasn’t actually an injection.

Also notable that the original article had Duffy saying McDonald would be available for the first team the Saturday after next following a surgical procedure, but the next article has him needing complete rest for 5-7 days (following an injection?!) and then uncertainty over whether he will need a period of “nice and easy” training (which suggest a return to first team action would be some weeks away).

The only thing that seems clear is that Duffy either doesn’t have a clue about the procedure and prognosis or is deliberately muddying the waters.

My money’s still on the laser microdiscectomy (which broadly fits the, at least relatively, non-invasive description, is sort of an injection type thing [albeit with a laser instead of a needle], and requires complete rest for 5-7-10 days post-op). Still hope I’m wrong, but I’m pretty worried about all this.

Tidser starts.

1 Caraux

2 Knight

3 Langan

4 Tennent

5 Cairnie

6 Milojevic

7 Trialist

8 Tidser

9 Orr

10 Scullion

11 Ferris

Any word on who the trialist was? Can't fathom that we'd bring in a first-team midfielder at this stage of the season, but...

Looking at the next few fixtures, we have 4 "winnable" games after the Peterhead away game next week. We should be aiming for 12 points from those.

Originally thought we would need 7 points from Brechin, Stranraer and Peterhead but a point wouldn't be too bad, as I really fancy us to pick up 12 from 12 after that.

Without looking properly, or knowing off the top of my head, have we taken 12 consecutive points at any point this season?

That's a really hard ask and with Duffys game by game team selections it could be hard to maintain, or even gain, any consistency.

Hope I'm wrong though

It should really be Morton's league. The threat is Brechin I'd say. Forfar have a horrendous run of fixtures coming up which will see them fall away, and I think Stranrear's run-in is slightly harder than Morton's. Morton's extra class up front now will be the difference. If I had to predict (which I don't, but will anyway for no real reason) I'd say:

1. Morton

2. Brechin

3. Stranrear

4. Anyone from 3 or 4 teams

Without looking properly, or knowing off the top of my head, have we taken 12 consecutive points at any point this season?

That's a really hard ask and with Duffys game by game team selections it could be hard to maintain, or even gain, any consistency.

Hope I'm wrong though

Yes. The four before the Spartans game.

Dunfermline, Forfar, Airdrie and Stenny.

That's 10 points out of 12 against 4 of the top 5 in the league including beating our closest rivals Forfar & Stranraer, that's not bad at all. If we beat Peterhead next week we'll be in a very good position. I Don't think any other team in the league would've taken that many points out of those games.

Archived