The Great Big Morton Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not good enough for the Prem but Aberdeen will probably hold onto him for another couple of years because there is potential and he's in and around the Scotland squad which only adds to his value. He will almost certainly be out on loan again next season if he stays with them and if that's the case then Morton have as much chance of getting him as anyone. He might not even be up to it at Championship level, so I'm not even sure losing him would be as big a blow as some make out.

There's no denying he's had a tremendous season with us but the standard has been truly awful.

We were in for him in january and with reilly looking likely to be away i hope we can get him. Surprised at that though thought seing as you guys just got promoted he might have stayed on.

Duffy confirmed in yesterday's Tele there's Premiership clubs after McManus if Aberdeen release him, and interest from down south as well. Hardly surprising, but looking less and less likely he'll be at Morton next season.

Duffy confirmed in today's Tele there's Premiership clubs after McManus if Aberdeen release him, and interest from down south as well. Hardly surprising, but looking less and less likely he'll be at Morton next season.

Dundee and Partick Thistle.

Thought so, they're the only two I can see him actually getting first team football for, both needing a striker.

You could probably throw Killie into that as well. Fingers are still crossed that he'll be back at Cappielow though!

Duffy confirmed in yesterday's Tele there's Premiership clubs after McManus if Aberdeen release him, and interest from down south as well. Hardly surprising, but looking less and less likely he'll be at Morton next season.

Welcome to Falkirk Declan.

Don't think McManus is good enough to play in the Scottish Premiership yet. Massive step up from playing pub teams every week. Think he has the potential to be a good Scottish Prem striker but he's not ready yet imo. Can see why these clubs are after him though scoring 20+ goals a season for someone his age, is very impressive. Think the Championship is probably about his level at the moment it's whether he chooses to stay with us or move on because no doubt he'll have offers from Championship clubs as well. Really hope he stays though with Tidser behind him next season I can see him scoring plenty of goals next season too.

11200785_10207457801469504_6314111629410

:lol:

Correct decision to let him move on. He slows down attacks with all the turning back and stepovers he does instead of actually running at a man and trying to beat him. League 1 is probably about his level and I'm sure he'll find another club no problem because he did chip in with a few goals and assists for us.

Correct decision to let him move on. He slows down attacks with all the turning back and stepovers he does instead of actually running at a man and trying to beat him. League 1 is probably about his level and I'm sure he'll find another club no problem because he did chip in with a few goals and assists for us.

Agreed. But it sounds like this wasn't handled well at all - another example of poorly carried out decisions in this omnishambles of a club.

Agreed. But it sounds like this wasn't handled well at all - another example of poorly carried out decisions in this omnishambles of a club.

Duffy called out as a clownshoe by one of his boys. We've heard the spectrum of excuses this season from changes to reflect the weather to changes to try to nullify the threats of mighty teams like Stenhousemuir (no offence intended). Could we really expect his excuses for not renewing contracts to be any less baffling?

Archived