The Great Big Morton Thread

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're both right in a sense. I wouldn't consider us favourites yet, particularly given our defence is still going to be pretty crap. On the other hand, the current prices are far, far too big considering the signings made in this window. I'd consider us somewhere near evens, or at least between evens and 2/1 to win the league - not probable winners but a team with a good chance of doing so.

Which is why I've staked a healthy sum on us with Ladbrokes at 10/3; can't see that price sticking for long.

post-11540-0-04970600-1430840852_thumb.j

output_TdJ8Cb_zpswmbatika.gif

Aye well done, guaranteed the return of the Derby next season and made me a few quid as well.

McManus is out of contract at Aberdeen isn't he? Kind of player I'd like to see us going for, no doubt he'll end up at one of our rivals.

Aye well done, guaranteed the return of the Derby next season and made me a few quid as well.

McManus is out of contract at Aberdeen isn't he? Kind of player I'd like to see us going for, no doubt he'll end up at one of our rivals.

He is. Hands off, cunto. ;)

SuperTon, on 05 May 2015 - 18:25, said:

You said that about Peaso as well and look what happened.

McAlister has played more minutes this season for Dundee than any other player. If Hartley releases him and Morton re-sign him then it's a massive coup and I'll doff my cap to you.

McAlister has played more minutes this season for Dundee than any other player. If Hartley releases him and Morton re-sign him then it's a massive coup and I'll doff my cap to you.

Is he not out of contract? If so then he's open to join any other team that offer him a contract. I personally don't see it happening but then again we all said the same about Peaso & Tidser in January and a few days later they were both Morton players. Seen Jim at a couple of Ton games this season as well.

SuperTon, on 05 May 2015 - 18:56, said:

Is he not out of contract? If so then he's open to join any other team that offer him a contract. I personally don't see it happening but then again we all said the same about Peaso & Tidser in January and a few days later they were both Morton players. Seen Jim at a couple of Ton games this season as well.

Yeah, he's out of contract, but one would expect he'll be offered a new deal at Dens and if it's a choice between a side battling it out for the top 6 or a newly promoted side from league one then it'd be a no brainer.

Totally different scenario from Peaso, which was admittedly a big signing for Morton and I thought he'd have headed off to the Championship at least, but he was always heading down the way sooner than later.

As I say, if McAlister does sign for Morton, there'd be a lot of unhappy Dee fans as he's still got a big part to play for us considering his versatility and there'd also be an element of surprise that he's dropped down so low.

That all being said, central midfield of Tidser/McAlister with Peaso knocking them in? Morton could well be challenging for the Prem if they can build quality round that.

Yeah, he's out of contract, but one would expect he'll be offered a new deal at Dens and if it's a choice between a side battling it out for the top 6 or a newly promoted side from league one then it'd be a no brainer.

Totally different scenario from Peaso, which was admittedly a big signing for Morton and I thought he'd have headed off to the Championship at least, but he was always heading down the way sooner than later.

As I say, if McAlister does sign for Morton, there'd be a lot of unhappy Dee fans as he's still got a big part to play for us considering his versatility and there'd also be an element of surprise that he's dropped down so low.

That all being said, central midfield of Tidser/McAlister with Peaso knocking them in? Morton could well be challenging for the Prem if they can build quality round that.

Seems strange that Dundee have waited this long to even offer him a new contract. Might be something in this.

I'd agree with that, if I were Jim it would be an easy decision for me, but you never know with football. Even if Dundee don't offer him a contract (I know that's highly unlikely) then he could easily get another Scottish Prem team. Let us dream though :P

Archived