The Great Big Morton Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Tidser available to play for the reserves?

That depends on whether Streete is allowed to play for Rangers because the SFA don't count reserve matches as official matches or because it was an emergency loan he was on earlier in the season.

I haven't quite been able to get my head around this.

Went up to the game earlier, decent game of football. Stevenson, Ferris, Scullion and Orr were very good, Ferris and Orr took their goals really well. Special mention to centre half John Tennent, superb performance, dominated big Weatherson all game.

Went up to the game earlier, decent game of football. Stevenson, Ferris, Scullion and Orr were very good, Ferris and Orr took their goals really well. Special mention to centre half John Tennent, superb performance, dominated big Weatherson all game.

was there much of a crowd there?

I've said before that Tennent really is a talent. Quick, good with both feet comfortable on the ball and seems to read the game superbly well.

I actually thought the whole team played well though though the two goals were very cheap to concede. Milo allowing a ball to drop over his head for the OG then a free header from a corner for the second.

Good to see Scullion back, a very clever player. The Annan defence really struggled with his creativity and Orr's pace and Ferris added an extra element to the attack from the right.

Surprised more don't go along to the reserve games, generally decent games.

I think C|_|NT is the word you're looking for.

Not at all. But of a daft old boy that made and inappropriate joke in response to a wee brat taking the piss out of him and has cried foul when he's seen the chance to make a mountain out of a molehill and screw him over.

Technically he deserves to pay for it with his career, but I'd sooner describe him as an idiot for telling jokes more suited to a pub than a classroom and say the real cunt is the kid who's stuck him in it.

I'm sure when he grows up he'll be proud of himself for grassing on a guy and costing him his career over a maw joke.

Not at all. But of a daft old boy that made and inappropriate joke in response to a wee brat taking the piss out of him and has cried foul when he's seen the chance to make a mountain out of a molehill and screw him over.

Technically he deserves to pay for it with his career, but I'd sooner describe him as an idiot for telling jokes more suited to a pub than a classroom and say the real c**t is the kid who's stuck him in it.

I'm sure when he grows up he'll be proud of himself for grassing on a guy and costing him his career over a maw joke.

Crass apologia for crass prejudice, replete with numbskull clichés and assorted terms of abuse. Clearly, you know no better, indeed less, than those you would condemn as a 'daft old boy' or 'wee brat'. When will you grow up we might wonder? :thumbsdown

Crass apologia for crass prejudice, replete with numbskull clichés and assorted terms of abuse. Clearly, you know no better, indeed less, than those you would condemn as a 'daft old boy' or 'wee brat'. When will you grow up we might wonder? :thumbsdown

Don't hold your breath.

A wee article about Morton and Coventry City for those interested...

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/sport-opinion/coventry-city-morton-battled-out-8596978

Very interested to see Ian Gibson in the Coventry team.

I lived on Teeside at the time and supported the Boro.

Ian Gibson was Scottish and was 17 when the Boro signed him from Bradford City, Don't remember the fee (Memory goimg)

Hie earned the nickname "Wooden legs" for his ability to skip or rode tackles, could win balls, dribble and make defence splitting passes.

He played for the Boro for five or six seasons before Boro did what they did best,,,, Sell on any talent for a profit,,, ( inthis case to Coventry).and these were the days of thirty to forty thousand crowds.

Ian was a big fan of Jim Baxter and called his Greyhound "Slim Jim" , Large White dog, he used to run it at Stockton and Hartlepool Dog tracks.

Good dog , but not as good as its Namesake. Ian's girlfriend (attractive blonde) continued to run the dog after Ian had left to go to Coventry.

I often wonder what became of Ian , as I never heard of him joining any other club.

Foobs

Archived