The Great Big Morton Thread

Nice to see some positive comments for a change.

Duffy selected a team that won today, HE identified that he wanted Peaso and managed to convince him to come despite intense competition ( and there were some big teams in there), we are 2nd in the league with half a season to go, many of his signings have shown what they are capable of...........and you still want him to walk? What the f....?!

They are professional footballers, why have they not done that all season, or at the very least, consistently?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're 2nd in the league because the rest of the league is utter shite, not because we are any good.

Quite how anyone can still be so pro-Duffy I do not know. He's been a colossal failure since the day he went into management.

Being in the championship under Duffy would be a total waste of time. We'd have absolutely no chance of staying in the division with such an idiot in charge and would simply come straight back down. 2 seasons gone and we're back to the same shambolic position we're in now, all because we didn't have the bollocks to punt a clearly incompetent manger.

To be fair all managers get signings wrong and Duffy is no different. Barrowman for me has been the biggest disappointment in all Duffy's signings.

Good to see we have added to the squad to cover the inadequacies of our front line. I would like to see an experienced midfielder brought in if possible.

Defence is still a bit shaky for my liking. Get that sorted and we will be well on our way.

We'll agree to differ and compare notes at the end of the season then, shall we?

I say we will be in the Championship next season and when we are, you will still be decrying Jim Duffy, so for now I give up, but fortunately Jim Duffy will not.

We need a few more players asap, especially in midfield. Oware and Miller need to be the centre back partnership. Lamie, Crighton and S McLuskey should not be near the team. Duffy needs to be kept away from all things football. What an idiot!

Here's hoping there is a new manager or player manager soon.

We need a few more players asap, especially in midfield. Oware and Miller need to be the centre back partnership. Lamie, Crighton and S McLuskey should not be near the team. Duffy needs to be kept away from all things football. What an idiot!

Here's hoping there is a new manager or player manager soon.

Miller has been shite and you want to have him at the heart of our already shaky defence?

Miller has been shite and you want to have him at the heart of our already shaky defence?

When did he play in his proper position? The shaky defence is down to Lamie, Crighton and Duffy. I would indeed like to see players played in their proper positions, and the rubbish being shown the door. Call me old fashioned, but I don't believe any team will be successful if they refuse to make the best use of their assets. Miller came with excellent feedback from previous teams as a defender. I'd take a chance.

When did he play in his proper position? The shaky defence is down to Lamie, Crighton and Duffy. I would indeed like to see players played in their proper positions, and the rubbish being shown the door. Call me old fashioned, but I don't believe any team will be successful if they refuse to make the best use of their assets. Miller came with excellent feedback from previous teams as a defender. I'd take a chance.

What did Lamie do wrong yesterday?

Why should S McCluskey not be anywhere near the team given his performance yesterday?

What did Lamie do wrong yesterday?

Why should S McCluskey not be anywhere near the team given his performance yesterday?

I wasn't at the game yesterday, so I can't comment. I haven't been impressed by either of the players in the games that I have watched. Are you satisfied with the team?

I wasn't at the game yesterday, so I can't comment. I haven't been impressed by either of the players in the games that I have watched. Are you satisfied with the team?

But you did comment and mentioned them specifically.

No, I'm not satisfied with the team, but have said I'll make my final judgement after the transfer window.

We've brought in 2 strikers from higher leagues, so I'm satisfied with that.

We still require an experienced midfielder as a minimum.

The defence seems now to be our weakest section of the team for some reason.

Before the Spartans game we had 5 clean sheets, so they can play as a unit. I don't think the answer is wholesale changes to the defence, but players need to raise their game

To be fair all managers get signings wrong and Duffy is no different. Barrowman for me has been the biggest disappointment in all Duffy's signings.

Good to see we have added to the squad to cover the inadequacies of our front line. I would like to see an experienced midfielder brought in if possible.

Defence is still a bit shaky for my liking. Get that sorted and we will be well on our way.

This

We'll agree to differ and compare notes at the end of the season then, shall we?

Nice try: it will continue to be demonstrated that I'm right and you're wrong, in every possible way, until you leave the forum with your tail slithering along the ground.

All managers indeed have a share of signings that don't work out. Piss-poor managers, like Jim Duffy, have a higher share than competent managers, and here we are in January with a squad that he has almost entirely assembled, and with only a handful of good players to show for it.

Morton might be full time, but on the wages on offer, it is not easy to attract high calibre players.

Nevertheless Duffy has brought in some very decent players. It's so easy to make derogatory and negative comments.

I repeat, we are second in the league with almost half a season to go.

Try being positive, if only for a couple of weeks, you'll feel much better.

I await the next negative, sarcastic comment with baited breath!

All managers indeed have a share of signings that don't work out. Piss-poor managers, like Jim Duffy, have a higher share than competent managers, and here we are in January with a squad that he has almost entirely assembled, and with only a handful of good players to show for it.

You do realise what league we're in don't you?

You do realise what league we're in don't you?

The only Morton side comparable to this rabble, in this division, got relegated from it in 2002. It's an absolutely abysmal standard of league this season, due to the failure of all three, joke full-time outfits to cobble together a semi-competent run of form all season, or a single credible manager from four picks so far.

Which is why we're in a less than epic tussle with Dick Campbell's latest collection of no-marks, rather than demonstrating the crushing superiority of resources, time and coaching that ought to be in place. And this is precisely why no-one in the wider community is interested in boosting attendances, because they rightly view the current setup as a shambles.

Morton might be full time, but on the wages on offer, it is not easy to attract high calibre players.

Then you shouldn't have squandered such meagre resources (yet still by a country mile the second largest wage budget at this level, possibly even the largest) on about 14 centre-backs during the summer, three different left-back options, and now your third senior goalkeeper of the campaign. The failure to provide wages for quality players rests with your preference for a squad depth in journeymen picks, rather than securing quality in key positions.

Which is why we're second in a crap division and why absolutely nobody is handing out gold stars for that complete and utter non-achievement.

Archived