Arbroath vs Montrose

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How's L78 tedious? Infact whit you grumbling for Ecto, surely no cause young lads at the football were being rowdy? You must have had yer fair share of being rowdy over the years. Big woop, was a good noise in Gayfield Saturday. Happy with that. Like I said just went the 3rd had went in late on would've been quality.

How's L78 tedious? Infact whit you grumbling for Ecto, surely no cause young lads at the football were being rowdy? You must have had yer fair share of being rowdy over the years. Big woop, was a good noise in Gayfield Saturday. Happy with that. Like I said just went the 3rd had went in late on would've been quality.

as I stated at the beginning, maybe I am just getting old, creating an atmosphere is fine but a very fine line between that and being obnoxious

While I disagree with ecto - I sort of see what he is trying to say. The majority of football fans lack patience and a basic understanding of what is helpful to the players on the pitch and what isn't. Even regular fans who watch us every week are guilty of getting on top of the team (even in a season like the one we're having currently!). In my experience, fairweather fans, which accounts for a good portion of Saturdays crowd, seem to turn on the team a lot quicker and dish out what can be fairly obnoxious abuse at times. I'm sure we've all heard some idiot shout 'f**k sake number 11 that's shite' or some equivalent at a player in their own team.....

However - this is football. We can either go along with our 500 home fans every week and be happy with it, or we can strive to have bigger gates, which will of course bring in more fairweather fans, and with more fans comes more abuse towards the players. On the flip side, the atmosphere and noise behind the goal in the second half was superb, and it was great to have such a large, lively crowd behind the team. At the end of the day, if you're willing to pay your £12 entry for the game you are entitled to shout wantever is acceptable by the ground regulations. Unfortunately there is no rule about having to support the team you're there watching, but paying 12 quid to be more abusive than supportive, with a bit of ignorence thrown in for good measure seems very odd to me, but it's each to their own I guess.

If anything, it's good to see that Ecto doesn't have an issue with me as such, which I thought the case previously, it's actually everyone that is the issue :D

Thought I might add to my experience on saturday.

Went for grub on 40 minutes to find a 2 mile queue for a pie !!!! Looks pretty poor planning.

However (As a neutral) a kindly steward let me go through to the Montrose end where the queue was zero.

As for the standard of the catering this season, the pies are absolutely superb.

After the dogmeat I suffered at Gayfield last season I was pleasantly suprised.

See you all at Easter road.

Archived