Charlie Brooker's 2014 Wipe

Kilbowie's Finest

Just watched this on BBC2 - absolutely outstanding as usual from Brooker with some real laugh out loud moments mixed with his usual biting sarcasm .

The section on the referendum is possibly the best thing the BBC did on the thing all year.

All rounded off with a brilliant version of Reasons to be Cheerful backed by The Blockheads

Best programme on TV over Christmas- well worth catching on the I- Player if you missed it.

This was probably the one bit of TV I was looking forward to, and it was great again.

I was a bit unsure about the Adam Curtis bit.

Never knew that concept from Russian politics could be attributed to one guy, with a background in avant-garde art, but thought its application to UK politics needs a bit more work to convince. He'll probably be able to flesh it out in a longer documentary, right enough.

I thought it was excellent as always and hopefully Newswipe will be on again this month for its usual series.

I thought the Adam Curtis thing was brilliant and he has a 2 hour documentary which is only available on IPlayer, I think it's the 25th of this month it's going to be available so can't wait for that.

Archived