Partick Thistle vs Dundee United, 4th Jan

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent first four days start to the year.

First we cause meltdowns and seethe of epic proportions amongst Victim FC supporters over us overwatering our pitch. Ensure they lose their top spot, and show PTFC are the peoples club by feeding hundreds of homeless on New Years Day..

Then with our side decimated by injury, suspension, illness and personal reasons, we again highlight how the man who Simon Donnelly sucks off, still can't win away, and prevents his club from going second. A Jags victory would not have been unjust either, such was our spirit and togetherness, in a side which finished with less than half of them fit, not carrying knocks or suffering from the bug that has ravaged our playing squad.

PTFC. The Pride of Glasgow.

Just seen the highlights. Lovely opener, appalling gift from Rado to make it 1-1, Fojut and then Dillon both completely switched off for the 2-1, superb run from GMS to set up Nadir for the 2-2. Hilariously bad misses at the end of the first half for Thistle, though Rado with a good block.

Just an observation... but I thought the United fans (who turned out in good numbers) were very quiet in terms of vocal support. I reckon when that first chance was missed and that second one taken, they were thinking they were about to hand out a caning and relaxed back into their seats to await an avalanche of goals. If the team is inconsistent on the road then perhaps they need a wee bit of singing or perhaps even an encouraging roar or two to pull them along.

The same could be said about most away supports ourselves included.

Motherwell was pretty mute. I was surrounded by moaning minnies and had to move.

Good numbers through as said.

Just seen the highlights. Lovely opener, appalling gift from Rado to make it 1-1, Fojut and then Dillon both completely switched off for the 2-1, superb run from GMS to set up Nadir for the 2-2. Hilariously bad misses at the end of the first half for Thistle, though Rado with a good block.

Lovely opener? Er, no. More an example of why the team managed by the two best defenders in recent memory at Thistle baffles with half arsed defending at times.

That mump aside, Archie's threadbare (adjective used with the permission of the BBC and the the Rangers) Thistle side stood a lot taller than many of us feared. ☺️

Why was Ciftci giving it big licks towards the kids in the JHS when he scored?

Very pleased with a point there all things considered and asking for all three would be greedy, but at half-time we were very unlucky not to be 3-1 up. If Fraser hits it anywhere else it was a goal, but Rado came out of nowhere to save.

Edit- can't believe I said "big licks"

" ... Your Honour ..."

Agreed, Sir Ryan of Stevenson was immense today. He seems to cover the ground a lot quicker nowadays and at time seemed to have at least the pace of Doolan who is no slouch. He was all over the park but in a purposeful manner and along with Balatoni really held our youthful outfit together as well as initiate attacks on the United goal.

Bert Mitchell, is that you?

I don't think you can blame the management for the goals we conceded.

I'm not an Archie fan boy but it's only fair to judge him when he has his first XI out. A first XI that on paper looks decent.

I don't know what our reserve keeper has to do to get a game tbh, as Rado continues to chuck one in every other game. I can only think that he somewhat makes up for it with some top reaction saves, but I can't remember any keeper being individually responsible for so many goals conceded.

I don't know what our reserve keeper has to do to get a game tbh, as Rado continues to chuck one in every other game. I can only think that he somewhat makes up for it with some top reaction saves, but I can't remember any keeper being individually responsible for so many goals conceded.

I've seen the young Polish lad in the development games highlights, he looks a way off Rado quality. Bizarrely, we might need to bring in another, experienced keeper over the summer to fill the Rado void. On The McCallum Option - he has seemingly only made Arbroath's starting lineup twice since his November loan move.

I've seen the young Polish lad in the development games highlights, he looks a way off Rado quality. Bizarrely, we might need to bring in another, experienced keeper over the summer to fill the Rado void. On The McCallum Option - he has seemingly only made Arbroath's starting lineup twice since his November loan move.

McCallum has played every game since his move. I think Rado is a good keeper who is prone to the odd error, but so is the rest of our side at the moment.

He has to be better than Rado.

A point on this mistake. For years and years, United fans constantly berated every single keeper for sticking rigidly to their goal lines and never coming for crosses. Now we have one that does, he gets crucified when he makes a mistake.

No keeper anywhere is going to get every cross they come for - see Mignolet for Liverpool tonight. It's a judgement call - if he sticks on his line it will cost goals, and if he comes for the ball it'll cost goals, but it'll be far more obvious whose fault it is.

I don't think you can blame the management for the goals we conceded.

I'm not an Archie fan boy but it's only fair to judge him when he has his first XI out. A first XI that on paper looks decent.

I'm not sure it's about judgment or blame. It's about not learning costly lessons. The headline stat I recall from the run in to the Hearts game at the end of last season - and what a night - was that the boys had let 11 points slip in the last 10 minutes of games last season.

There's still a lot of switching off by the lads in games. Alan has said as much.

Some of the most complicated things in football are simple. Surely it's not a case of whether a keeper comes for a ball or not, surely it's to do with the communication between a keeper and the defenders.

Archived