Partick Thistle vs Dundee United, 4th Jan

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great point. Fantastic 1st half but United improved straight away in the 2nd half. Stevo really should be playing behind the striker every match, great performance. Lawless superb again which make me even more confused as to why he was dropped lately. McDaid is some player, pacey, skilled and was up and down the wing defending for the full 90 minutes. Hope we see more of him.

Great effort from the team today

Young lads all played their part against streetwise opposition.

If only Doolan or Fraser had taken the chance created by McDaid befote halftime it could have been even better.

Delighted with a point and results went our way.

Fair play to the away suppprt who travelled through today.

post-1545-14203923447667_thumb.jpg

All things considered I'll take that result.

The first half we deserved very much to be winning, with Lawless and Stevo being particular highlights. It was very clear however that Keenan isn't ready for this level and United were powering the majority of their attacks down his flank. He also kept pushing forward but wasn't that quick at getting back.

Second half was nervy and we could have well lost the game. United in full on attack mode are one of the best going forward in this league. Cifti is a huffy wee shite though.

Looked like we were in for a hammering after the easiest of goals for United, but the game changed once we put Mackay-Steven and Erskine on the back foot. Stevenson was excellent, pulling Rankin this way and that to create pockets of space for Lawless. Fraser really should've put us two ahead - I still have no idea how the ball stayed out the net. The fatigued second 45 was inevitable and I wasn't too dispirited by the Arabs' leveller.

Lindsay was the most impressive of the youngsters, with Keenan settling into the game after a torrid first 15 minutes. McDaid played his part, but flatters to deceive. Still plenty of time for him to develop, though. Just has to look up now and again.

Lawless was excellent today, with his form before he was left out of the starting XI a while back and then his performances v Motherwell and today I'm at a loss to understand why he was dropped. If Stevenson can continue to play like that in midfield I'd be quite happy if we keep Doolan up front with him behind. Based on recent performances Higgy doesn't really deserve his place back ahead of any of them.

Good game. United started well, but then Thistle took over. Rado threw the first in ala Anderson in cup final last season. Thistle took control for rest of first half and should've been 3-1 up at the break, looked an incredible miss right on halftime.

Much more positive from United second half, great run from GMS for equaliser. Could have won it at the death with a bit of luck. Fair result though.

Rankin poor, much better when Telfer came on. Rado has cost us too many times for me.

I think that's about the last time this season I'm going to bother heading to an away game. People say we're inconsistent, but I can say we have been consistently AWFUL in every away game I've went to, excluding across the road, obvs.

John Rankin is a fcukng disgrace imho. Against Celtic, he showed what he is capable of, but today, just like in Perth last week, he did the bare minimum possible. Is it club policy to never put any pressure on the opposistion, when they have the ball? Butcher may well have impressed in his new role, but he is nothing more than a stop-gap, I hope anyway.

Again a Partick team, this time bereft of a host of players, completely dominated the possession for the most part of the game against us. They like to pass the ball about and keep possession, whereas we enjoy a good old hoof up the park.

Erskine was pathetic, and tbh Armstrong not much better, and bizarrely also GMS, who inbetween scoring and creating a goal out of nothing (about an hour) completely disappeared from the game.

Positives? Well Telfer showed a novel attribute for a United midfield player when he came on - the ability to pass the ball. An obvious co-incidence that we played much better when he came on, and he started asking for the ball rather than running away from it?! GMS scored one, should certainly have scored another, created one with a phenomenal run and looked much more dangerous when we got it back to 2-2.

Good crowd from us arabs too. Pity the team always disappoints when we show up in numbers away from home.

I think that's about the last time this season I'm going to bother heading to an away game. People say we're inconsistent, but I can say we have been consistently AWFUL in every away game I've went to, excluding across the road, obvs.

John Rankin is a fcukng disgrace imho. Against Celtic, he showed what he is capable of, but today, just like in Perth last week, he did the bare minimum possible. Is it club policy to never put any pressure on the opposistion, when they have the ball? Butcher may well have impressed in his new role, but he is nothing more than a stop-gap, I hope anyway.

Again a Partick team, this time bereft of a host of players, completely dominated the possession for the most part of the game against us. They like to pass the ball about and keep possession, whereas we enjoy a good old hoof up the park.

Erskine was pathetic, and tbh Armstrong not much better, and bizarrely also GMS, who inbetween scoring and creating a goal out of nothing (about an hour) completely disappeared from the game.

Positives? Well Telfer showed a novel attribute for a United midfield player when he came on - the ability to pass the ball. An obvious co-incidence that we played much better when he came on, and he started asking for the ball rather than running away from it?! GMS scored one, should certainly have scored another, created one with a phenomenal run and looked much more dangerous when we got it back to 2-2.

Good crowd from us arabs too. Pity the team always disappoints when we show up in numbers away from home.

Erskine was as poor as I've seen him since he returned, ball just seemed to hit off him.

Dare I say we should be looking to move Rankin on? Desperately require somebody to dominate midfield and hold possession.

Archived