Partick Thistle vs Dundee United, 4th Jan

Have only seen the reserve goalie maybe 3 or 4 times but he is not for me. Rado has to remain first choice.

I definitely think we could be upgrading though.

Warning *never played the game pish incoming*

As a keeper myself (sorry) I think it's one of the easiest positions to flatter to deceive. Wonder saves will make people think you are world class. In the same way that some people say if you touch the brake on the motorway you have already done something wrong , goalkeeping is the same. If you make some wonderful save then often, not always, you have done something wrong to be in that position. In the SAF autobiography he talks about how you would hardly ever see Rio Ferdinand put in an amazing saving tackle as he read the game so well he didn't need to.

When I hear the phrase great shotstopper it just says to me shite keeper.

Rado's positioning and decision making leaves a lot to be desired. It seems to me that sometimes he has decided he is coming no matter what before the ball is kicked.

Still he is no Schenck.

6-2

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have only seen the reserve goalie maybe 3 or 4 times but he is not for me. Rado has to remain first choice.

As a keeper myself (sorry) I think it's one of the easiest positions to flatter to deceive. Wonder saves will make people think you are world class. In the same way that some people say if you touch the brake on the motorway you have already done something wrong , goalkeeping is the same. If you make some wonderful save then often, not always, you have done something wrong to be in that position. In the SAF autobiography he talks about how you would hardly ever see Rio Ferdinand put in an amazing saving tackle as he read the game so well he didn't need to.

Rado's positioning and decision making leaves a lot to be desired. It seems to me that sometimes he has decided he is coming no matter what before the ball is kicked.

Still he is no Schenck.

6-2

^ ^ ^

Never left his 6 yard box

I have to admit I sometimes watch the warm ups and at half time and the reserve keeper seems to be pretty good - this is of course irrelevant to how he would play in a full game but merely an observation.

Still he is no Schenck.

6-2

I totally get that analogy with defenders but not sure how this can be applied to keepers. What can you do if the defence allows the attacking team to get shots on goal that you have to save?

Unless you mean any decent keeper should organise his defence better so that this doesn't happen, which seemed to be the main criticism of Schenk by the Dees rather than his inability to save any shots.

Excellent first four days start to the year.

First we cause meltdowns and seethe of epic proportions amongst Victim FC supporters over us overwatering our pitch. Ensure they lose their top spot, and show PTFC are the peoples club by feeding hundreds of homeless on New Years Day..

Then with our side decimated by injury, suspension, illness and personal reasons, we again highlight how the man who Simon Donnelly sucks off, still can't win away, and prevents his club from going second. A Jags victory would not have been unjust either, such was our spirit and togetherness, in a side which finished with less than half of them fit, not carrying knocks or suffering from the bug that has ravaged our playing squad.

PTFC. The Pride of Glasgow.

Spot on!

Which, when translated, means "Oooooh! I wish I'd said that".

Archived