Partick Thistle vs Dundee United, 4th Jan

_70932525__44018243_gc416.jpg

Firhill earlier (10% rainwater and 90% tears of Celtic fans who weren't going to the game anyway).

Hopefully the extra couple of days break gives some of our injuries a chance to heal and McMillan to recover from whatever problems he's having, though as Osman appears to have a hamstring injury I don't think he'll be around for a few weeks sadly. Higgy suspended too on top of all of that.

Weirdly, I always feel more confident playing a team who are coming off the back of a result like United's today, like the Celtic game had it gone ahead we won't be expected to get much.

Oh, and Paul Paton is still a c**t.

2-0 United.

edit: only kidding, P-P.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Biggest decision Jackie will have to make will be if he lets Paton back into the team (I suspect he will). Also if Morris is fit he should come back in for Watson, although I did think Watson played okay today (he didn't have much to do right enough…)

_70932525__44018243_gc416.jpg

Firhill earlier (10% rainwater and 90% tears of Celtic fans who weren't going to the game anyway).

Hopefully the extra couple of days break gives some of our injuries a chance to heal and McMillan to recover from whatever problems he's having, though as Osman appears to have a hamstring injury I don't think he'll be around for a few weeks sadly. Higgy suspended too on top of all of that.

Weirdly, I always feel more confident playing a team who are coming off the back of a result like United's today, like the Celtic game had it gone ahead we won't be expected to get much.

Oh, and Paul Paton is still a c**t.

2-0 United.

edit: only kidding, P-P.

Something makes me think that even with the goal like that Foxy would let a 30 yarder slip in.

Ahem.

Archie's team looks pretty threadbare (I think the Evening Times and Daily Record have licensed that word to the the Rangers to describe its 45 strong playing squad) so, contrary to logic - which never works with Thistle anyway - an upset would be on the cards.

I'm hoping for a couple of finely crafted Squiddy own goals.

Biggest decision Jackie will have to make will be if he lets Paton back into the team (I suspect he will). Also if Morris is fit he should come back in for Watson, although I did think Watson played okay today (he didn't have much to do right enough…)

On recent performances Butcher should be our first choice defensive mid, would be a disgrace if he was dropped. I was really surprised to see Watson nd Dillon playing in their respective positions today, I can only assume it is due to Watson's fitness. Morris should be back in s soon as he is fit.

Though nobody will be in the least bit surprised, I don't believe Paton deserves to come back in, in place of Butcher.

I doubt Morris will be back - he was on crutches today. Was interesting to see Watson at centre back, when Dillon has played there as much as right back. It'd be good to see Keef progress there, as he clearly won't have the legs to play as an attacking full back forever.

Though nobody will be in the least bit surprised, I don't believe Paton deserves to come back in, in place of Butcher.

I doubt Morris will be back - he was on crutches today. Was interesting to see Watson at centre back, when Dillon has played there as much as right back. It'd be good to see Keef progress there, as he clearly won't have the legs to play as an attacking full back forever.

I would stick with the same team as today, no reason to change it (but McNamara will)

I don't think I've ever witness us beat United. I don't see that changing on Sunday. I'd be happy, nay delighted with a draw. Hopefully have a few players back in for this otherwise even that could be a tall order.

Pin the tail on the donkey prediction: Thistle 1 (Stevenson) 32 United 1 (Fojut) 89

As much as the 6-2 horsing of our local rivals should leave me brimming with confidence, our inconsistency and almost impeccable win-lose-win-lose-win-lose form leaves me completely unable to call this.

Today was the 394th time under McNamara that we demonstrated how dreadful we are when we sit off the opposition. The spell between 1-0 and 1-1 we were hopeless against a very poor side, but as soon as we showed some ambition to get up the park it was like watching a different team altogether. It's like JMc is taking the concept of counter attacking to the extreme, even against teams we are more than capable of dominating and passing through (the recent Ross County game being another example of this).

Same team as today and same attitude (once we got going) should be enough to get a win but probably not with a clean sheet.

Archived