Partick Thistle vs Dundee United, 4th Jan

Despite alot of negativity, since coming up United haven't beaten us at home. Two well fought draws and assuming we have most our team back I don't see this being an unlikely result.

If Frans is still crocked I'm going to start to worry we have signed a talented but fragile CB.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite alot of negativity, since coming up United haven't beaten us at home. Two well fought draws and assuming we have most our team back I don't see this being an unlikely result.

If Frans is still crocked I'm going to start to worry we have signed a talented but fragile CB.

He didn't play much last season and missed pre-season so he won't be anywhere near full fitness, we have him for another season so there's no need to rush him back thankfully.

We matched United the last couple times at Firhill and had luck go against us in our last 1-0 defeat so I'm not too worried, although having about 6 players out will probably mean we'll have a weakened team again.

Do Thistle have half their team out for this still?

Higginbotham is definitely out as he's suspended.

Frans and Osman have hamstring injuries, McMillan has been missing for personal reasons since the game on Dec 20th, Carroll has an unspecified knock- and his loan is up on Monday anyway so has probably already gone back to Huddersfield and Sean Welsh is made of poppadom and hasn't played 90 minutes since November 2013. Bannigan might well be back if he just had manflu / the shits / a hangover so that is at least one positive.

Osman, Frans, and McMillan will be the biggest misses. Carroll and Welsh wouldn't have played if McMillan and Osman had been fit but bit annoying their backups are out too, and Higgy has been miles below his best since he came back from injury in November.

Think I've only ever seen us beat United once, 1-0 at Firhill and Albert Craig scored, I remember it was the featured game on Scotsport the next day and United were wearing that fantastic / minging grey with black and white paint splodges away kit. Quick bit of searching says it was 18 December 1993, fucking hell.

Sky sports now reporting Fraser out as well. That would leave us with 12 fit first team players, 2 of which are goalkeepers.

Gallacher

SOD-Balatoni-Seaborne-Keenan

Craigen-Bannigan

Lawless-Stevenson-Elliot

Eccleston

Anyone know a good rain dance?

Keenan's loan was only for a month I think, Soccerbase has his last Ayr game as 13th December so guessing he's back.

Elliott might be a better bet at LB on the grounds he's probably played against / with Erskine in training more often, but anyone we put there has the potential to be absolutely roasted.

I think Keenan was planned to start against Celtic, so him at LB, Banzo and Craigen as the 2 in midfield, probably Elliot and Lawless out wide then Eccleston will probably have to start up front instead of Stevenson seeing as we have no-one else to play behind the striker. Meaning we have a bench of youth players (and Fox) with only Wilson and McDaid having any 1st team appearances for us.

The January window's come at a good time.

Match preview is up.

Welsh, Frans, Higginbotham, McMillan, Carroll, Osman all definitely out.

Gary Fraser and Stephen O'Donnell doubtful.

Stuart Bannigan probable.

Gallacher

O'Donnell Balatoni Seaborne Keenan

Bannigan Craigen

McDaid Lawless Elliott

Stevenson

would be my guess at a team.

Archived