Rangers v Heart of Midlothian, 05/04/2015 (Match Rescheduled)

:)

You're changing your tune slightly from the ridiculous "vast majority of football fans in Edinburgh are also old firm fans" pish, i suppose it's a step forward.

It's still made up shite though. :thumsup2

In what way have I changed my tune? I said I believe the majority of football fans in every town and city in Scotland are old firm fans. I also said most folk I've met tend to have a second team that they have a soft spot for and this tends to be their local team. In my case it's Partick thistle, in the guys I worked with in Edinburgh it was hearts n Hibs. The normal attendances for each old firm team are huge compared to that of hearts and Hibs, despite both being from relatively similar sized cities. This would support the theory that the two Edinburgh teams are not the main supported teams in the city.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stop being quite such a walloper No8.

I made no attempt to say exactly how ICT played, but I offered a view. I'm actually quite flattered by the Spiersy line - thanks. He's a decent writer and a good guy for the most part. I'm afraid I lack the appropriate costume though.

Also, I have challenged nothing Willie Miller said about the Rangers / Hearts game, either explicitly or by implication. Why would you feel the need to suggest otherwise?

Speirs is a pathetic character,a middle aged man purporting to be a Christian who is reduced to attention seeking trolling on Twitter. Truly the worst type of snivelling creep.

You don't find it strange that these "second teams" are in direct competition with their declared favourites, then? OK, champ. Carry on.

Well generally they aren't in direct competition other than 4 games a season. Rangers and Celtic fight for the title, hearts and Hibs hope to finish best of the rest. No direct competition there champ

Well generally they aren't in direct competition other than 4 games a season. Rangers and Celtic fight for the title, hearts and Hibs hope to finish best of the rest. No direct competition there champ

This is the type of post you're now reduced to delivering.

To start with, it was all reason and balance.

Now it's 'we're bigger than you so there'.

A steep descent to type.

Nah, just interested to see who reps stuff unusually - i.e. when a post doesn't obviously deserve a red or green, and sometimes hasn't even been replied to.

Probably speaks volumes for you that you've managed to sum up my entire persona based on one innocuous comment, mind...

I have no interest in your entire persona. Also have no interest in green or red dots....it all sounds a bit weird. Your post just comes across a bit creepy.

Take a look back at the relevant thread. You'll see quite how wrong you are in your eagerness to join in with the big boys.I offered a comment in discussion of Hughes, to the effect that it was clear from the radio and P&B that ICT had played poorly, despite the claims of their manager. In a slightly later post, I said ICT had played timidly. This prompted I think No8, to ask if I'd watched the game, a question I'd clearly already answered. He then somehow saw my response as a victory. Bennett played with him for a bit too, then did precisely the same thing regarding another game within about three days.It's so cute that they're letting you play too Rob.You're wrong through. Once more.

Big Boys!!? Laughed my f*ckin cock off, the internet has given mugs like you a voice that hitherto left you snivelling over half a pint, after another hammering on a Saturday afternoon. Your having your day in the sun just now enjoy it. Its sad though that your smug satisfaction comes from our demise rather than your success. You put far too much value on your own perceived status on one of hundreds of football message boards, Big Boys!!!???? :lol::lol: ya f*ckin clown.

Big Boys!!? Laughed my f*ckin cock off, the internet has given mugs like you a voice that hitherto left you snivelling over half a pint, after another hammering on a Saturday afternoon. Your having your day in the sun just now enjoy it. Its sad though that your smug satisfaction comes from our demise rather than your success. You put far too much value on your own perceived status on one of hundreds of football message boards, Big Boys!!!???? :lol::lol: ya f*ckin clown.

It's a comprehension thing too isn't it?

The big boys I was referring to were No8 and Tedi. You're just the wee lad that tags along, hoping to catch their attention.

I do enjoy your eagerness to characterise me though, by clinging to the idea of gaps you hope exist in my life. You're really shit at it though.

It's clear also that you think I'm inferior to you because I support a team that's been known to experience hammerings of a Saturday afternoon, rather than one that's won loads of trophies.

The evidence however, does not support your belief.

This is the type of post you're now reduced to delivering.To start with, it was all reason and balance.Now it's 'we're bigger than you so there'. A steep descent to type.

Are you really trying to suggest the old firm teams aren't bigger?

I dare say the rangers fans adopting hearts as a second team will be reconsidering that at the moment for obvious reasons.

The Edinburgh teams are bigger than the Dundee teams. It's not a dig at the Dundee teams, just a fact. Same as saying the Glasgow teams are bigger then their Edinburgh counterparts.

In what way have I changed my tune? I said I believe the majority of football fans in every town and city in Scotland are old firm fans. I also said most folk I've met tend to have a second team that they have a soft spot for and this tends to be their local team. In my case it's Partick thistle, in the guys I worked with in Edinburgh it was hearts n Hibs. The normal attendances for each old firm team are huge compared to that of hearts and Hibs, despite both being from relatively similar sized cities. This would support the theory that the two Edinburgh teams are not the main supported teams in the city.

Edinburgh isn't quite as handy for the ferries, though, is it? ;)

If the majority in Edinburgh are fans of celtic and the rangers, that would mean these teams' attendances are - in the majority - composed of supporters from edinburgh. No wonder the M8 is at a standstill every weekend. Oh, no, hang on a minute...

I think you'll find MT's boys have won a certain cup that 70million couldn't buy for your lot,,,

ETA: Assuming you're talking about rangers when you say "our", who do you follow now they're dead? Or is the little fella going off the Party Line by using words he doesn't understand? :lol:

Are you really trying to suggest the old firm teams aren't bigger?

I dare say the rangers fans adopting hearts as a second team will be reconsidering that at the moment for obvious reasons.

The Edinburgh teams are bigger than the Dundee teams. It's not a dig at the Dundee teams, just a fact. Same as saying the Glasgow teams are bigger then their Edinburgh counterparts.

Most teams in my time following football have been more or less the same size, bar the odd freak like Jim Docherty or Peter Crouch.

Fúck me, you really haven't been paying attention, have you? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's a comprehension thing too isn't it?The big boys I was referring to were No8 and Tedi. You're just the wee lad that tags along, hoping to catch their attention.I do enjoy your eagerness to characterise me though, by clinging to the idea of gaps you hope exist in my life. You're really shit at it though.It's clear also that you think I'm inferior to you because I support a team that's been known to experience hammerings of a Saturday afternoon, rather than one that's won loads of trophies.The evidence however, does not support your belief.

The attention deficit belongs entirely to you my friend, you are clinically obsessed with my club, look back on how many posts you've made on a Rangers v Hearts thread. I don't think you are inferior to me in any way, but I do pity you.

The attention deficit belongs entirely to you my friend, you are clinically obsessed with my club, look back on how many posts you've made on a Rangers v Hearts thread. I don't think you are inferior to me in any way, but I do pity you.

Shall I take this one, MT?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tedi's going to have some competition when he gets back. :lol:

Archived