Heart of Midlothian v Falkirk, 24/01/2015

Please expand on the "financial mess Falkirk got themselves in", as the alphabet through here doesn't begin with CVA?

But in the meantime, a Hearts fan trying to issue financial advice really doesn't register on the irony scale.

Erm, I'm clearly not issuing financial advice, champ.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Falkirk were fantastic!

Heart's first looked well offside to me and to everybody sitting around me, therefore it was probably a marginal call. Don't suppose the Sportscene cameras, if they were there, will clear it up either?

I always find it amusing (usually away fans at TFS) claiming it was defo offside, ok the majority of us were in top corner and requiring shades for first 15mins but obviously the chances of judging an offside behind the goals correctly are very low in the percentages. The linesman was poor on the old standside and the shouts of offside maybe correct, I just can never be sure behind the goals unless its so obvious.

We didn't have a failure at all, the two players whom I mostly single out in MacDonald and Leahy performed well, Leahy especially. MacDonald kicking apart did what you expect him to and a few bonus saves.

Vaulks was superb and perhaps was a better match up against Zeefuk getting in his face, whereas I feel McCracken may have let him have the ball and defend after.

The fact no one has mentioned MOM so far probably shows it was a real team effort....lets get this transfer window shut with no one going out

I also have to eat my words over the Kerr signing, I didn't think he was a signing we needed to make, but I don't think we would've have won yesterday without him, we now have decent squad for the first time for many a year

You might be right, be we threw away three clear cut chances over and above the penalty goal. Things wouldn't have had to have been too different for us to have scored four rather than one by half time. Not saying we were dominant in play or possession, but we were carving Hearts defence open at pretty regular intervals.

You did open us up a number of times, with a lot of lovely football . Just saying goals obviously affect the run of the game. After the second for example we battered you until the equaliser then the game changed again at 2-2.

You did open us up a number of times, with a lot of lovely football . Just saying goals obviously affect the run of the game. After the second for example we battered you until the equaliser then the game changed again at 2-2.

No I agree with that. That's why I reckoned just about any outcome was possible yesterday. I actually thought Hearts might have seen out a 2-2 draw, but they kept committing forward, and then Gomis (God bless him) tried to fart around in his own penalty box.

For me, it was easily one of my top ten away days ever, and the result combined with the atmosphere a packed Tynecastle generates both played a part in that. It's the kind of day we don't get too often, and that made it all the better.

No I agree with that. That's why I reckoned just about any outcome was possible yesterday. I actually thought Hearts might have seen out a 2-2 draw, but they kept committing forward, and then Gomis (God bless him) tried to fart around in his own penalty box.

For me, it was easily one of my top ten away days ever, and the result combined with the atmosphere a packed Tynecastle generates both played a part in that. It's the kind of day we don't get too often, and that made it all the better.

I actually said to the boy next to me I'd take a point at 2-2 but obviously a win was there to be gone for. Never really looked like equalising the 3rd once it went in.

I actually said to the boy next to me I'd take a point at 2-2 but obviously a win was there to be gone for. Never really looked like equalising the 3rd once it went in.

Yep, after the third, I expected us to be battered, but it seemed to knock the fight out of a few of the Hearts players. Maybe yesterday showed that Ozturk is the main man at the back, and defensively, Hearts are not so hot when he is missing. Either way, Hearts will learn from it, and I reckon they will go on another unbeaten run for a few weeks. Yesterday was all about individual mistakes by a couple of Hearts players rather than there being anything wrong with how the team collectively go about their business.

I didn't think any Hearts fan would have the nerve to point the finger at any other club about over spending and getting into a financial mess.

Alas

I didn't think any Hearts fan would have the nerve to point the finger at any other club about over spending and getting into a financial mess.

Alas

I do it all the time. It comes really easily when you don't take yourself very, very seriously.

Alas

Except that hasn't really happened, has it?

I know a few Jambos and I wouldn't hesitate to call any of them top guys.

Then you read these wallopers on here and realise I just lucked out meeting the good ones.

Although we got a decent bit of respect from some on here for beating their team yesterday, the Jambo support isn't half rife wi arseholes.

Archived