Heart of Midlothian v Falkirk, 24/01/2015

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Falkirk were very impressive today. The difference today was that the opposition actually punished our usual mistakes, and we missed Ozturk.

Hearts weren't too bad but I'm still a bit gutted about ending our unbeaten league run. Back on track next week please Hearts.

I'm not saying he cost us the game, but he's our captain and he's fucking pish.

I would be singling out the guys whose mistakes cost us - perhaps harsh on McGhee, who's still very young, and harsh on Gomis as well, as he's been excellent.

Harsh, perhaps, but fair to criticise them - cut out those silly mistakes, and it's a much tighter game.

If Ozturk or Wilson have to miss any games, Brad McKay now has to be ahead of McGhee.

He's not pish, stop slavering.

Before today we'd conceded 10 league goals in 20 games, he's played a big part of that.

Let's get real, we are playing pub teams most weeks.

He can't pass, can't defend, can't lead the team and as we learned today can't take free-kicks.

He was better at left back but Eckersley is a better player than him.

McKay and Ozturk are more solid for me.

It's maybe slightly over the top but I have to say I did think a section of Falkirk's support was OTT. Smoke bombs, then throwing the tapers at Sammy at one point as well as overly enthusiastic rushes towards the pitch

The Falkirk Young Team. :lol:

No,no,no

Falkirk were more determined.

Scoring an early goal was the problem today. The Hearts players seemed to switch off until Falkirk scored their second.

After that we started to compete again in midfield.

Fair play to Falkirk though. I don't mind losing to a team that puts that much effort into 90 mins.

Scoring early is never a problem. :lol:

Thot we edged it, numerous chances in first half, winning on corners(thanks Alex totten for that one) and our general play had me texting my mate with dare I say, I think we are the better team.

Hearts came out 2nd half slight buzz at start but we grew into it and felt our goal was deserved and what a goal. This was great but was also a wake up call for hearts and it was looking only a matter of time and I knew it would be Keatings. After scoring tho, I felt we got back into it and again another great goal.

At 2-2 thot it would be criminal if we lost it, tho perhaps a few had ran themselves into the ground but thankfully we dug deeper.

I thot Hearts relied too much on just hitting it at zeefuk, Sow didn't show much, Gomis didn't dictate as he has done previously, I'm guessing McGhee was the left back, he was poor. I was fully impressed with Paterson, who'd run all day and 110% committed, tho he had two off the ball kicks and on another cudve been off, same with Zeefuk who had an off the ball kick on Vaulks. The ref was erratic, consistency with cards biggest gripe

I agreed with Housties post match in that we had no failures, got behind Hearts with neat football, 2 goals that deserved to win any game....Hearts can have no complaints

Who's saying that?

There's a lor of fingers being pointed after todays performance.

We didn't move the ball quickly enough.

Falkirk played well and pressed us high up the park.

Our only answer was to launch the ball forward to Sow.

A team finally sussed out that we build our play from either Gomis dropping deep, the Centre Halves playing the ball into the midfield or the full backs carrying the ball forward! Falkirk never allowed any of this to happen today.

Now isn't the time to castigate the players but to revise & adapt our tactics to counter this.

It's maybe slightly over the top but I have to say I did think a section of Falkirk's support was OTT. Smoke bombs, then throwing the tapers at Sammy at one point as well as overly enthusiastic rushes towards the pitch

Help ma boab. Passion at the fitba'. Whatever next!?

Let's get real, we are playing pub teams most weeks.

He can't pass, can't defend, can't lead the team and as we learned today can't take free-kicks.

He was better at left back but Eckersley is a better player than him.

McKay and Ozturk are more solid for me.

Aye, alright then.

Slightly over the top? It's right over the top - the boy said they were all scum, ffs! :lol:

There's a lor of fingers being pointed after todays performance.

We didn't move the ball quickly enough.

Falkirk played well and pressed us high up the park.

Our only answer was to launch the ball forward to Sow.

A team finally sussed out that we build our play from either Gomis dropping deep, the Centre Halves playing the ball into the midfield or the full backs carrying the ball forward! Falkirk never allowed any of this to happen today.

Now isn't the time to castigate the players but to revise & adapt our tactics to counter this.

So no one is saying sack them all then.

One or two need a good foot up the arse that's for sure.

So no one is saying sack them all then.

One or two need a good foot up the arse that's for sure.

I'd say it's possibly more of a wake up call for Neilson in that his tactics aren't fulproof.

I think we've rested on our lourels to an extent that teams will sit off of us in this league......slowly but surely team have woken up to this......today was the day that it came home to roost.

We just need to adapt our tactics to suit not just teams that sit off of us but teams that press us.

Archived