Heart of Midlothian v Falkirk, 24/01/2015

Besides the fact you're a dribbling, seething mess, I have seen Hearts put fours and fives past Falkirk on several occasions, plus gubbing you in a Scottish Cup Semi-Final. Hearts have a dominant record against you ffs. :lol:

Your kiddy-on, manufactured rivalry with us is cute, though. :lol:

I've never seen Falkirk put £20+M past everyone in Scottish football. Now there's a record to be proud of, though not quite so dominant, considering the company it puts you in.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never seen Falkirk put £20+M past everyone in Scottish football. Now there's a record to be proud of, though not quite so dominant, considering the company it puts you in.

So are you just forgetting the financial mess Falkirk got themselves in? It's hardly surprising to see you scrapping it out in the second tier for the fifth, soon to be sixth, season in a row now that you're not paying over the odds for players like Russell Latapy. Meanwhile, we canter our way back to where we belong.

Gutted for you really.

So are you just forgetting the financial mess Falkirk got themselves in? It's hardly surprising to see you scrapping it out in the in the second tier for the fifth, soon to be sixth, season in a row now that you're not paying over the odds for players like Russell Latapy. Meanwhile, we canter our way back to where we belong.

Gutted for you really.

If you think this is bad, imagine what they must've felt like when they got 'Hibsd' by us in the semis of the scottish.

Oh the pain post-49094-14221896573228_thumb.jpg

So are you just forgetting the financial mess Falkirk got themselves in? It's hardly surprising to see you scrapping it out in the in the second tier for the fifth, soon to be sixth, season in a row now that you're not paying over the odds for players like Russell Latapy. Meanwhile, we canter our way back to where we belong.

Gutted for you really.

Falkirk living within their means are probably sitting about right in the tabLe - we'll probably nip back up at some point in the future then nip back down again - no point in spending outwith our means to try and change it.

Fabulous. The entire game was breathless stuff. Tynecastle is simply a class apart in terms of atmosphere.

I kind of desperately thought that losing the early goal might actually serve to get rid of the nerves for the Bairns,and that's kind of what happened. Hearts definitely took their foot off the gas, and paid the price for it. The Jambos desire to always play out from the back is admirable, but was also totally predictable,and our pressing game unravelled it yesterday.

By any standards, that was a brilliant game of football. We could (and probably should) have been out of sight by half time. Then again, Hearts could have gotten a few in the second half. That game could easily have ended 3-3, 4-3, or 4-6.

Hearts had to do a lot of defending today, and it was clear to see that it is their defence that now needs some work. It's one defeat, and they are far too good a side to not bounce back straight away.They will go on and will still hammer a good few teams in their remaining games. A few of their support were booing at times which was utterly ridiculous.

For me, John Baird and Mark Kerr a bit special today, but we had no failures at all. Good to see Rory revelling in now having proper partner up front. Brilliant day out, amazing result.

We had what looked a shocker of a miss quite early in the game at the Gorgie road end where 1 of our guys scooped it over the bar at the back post.

Can any Jambos up that end tell me who it was and if it was a really bad miss?

We had what looked a shocker of a miss quite early in the game at the Gorgie road end where 1 of our guys scooped it over the bar at the back post.

Can any Jambos up that end tell me who it was and if it was a really bad miss?

It was a straightforward chance, I think it may have been Baird or someone roughly his height.

Falkirk were fantastic!

I think we learned a lot from the game at the FFS, i.e. what they can do to you when you stand off them and what we could do to them if we got in their faces.

Heart's first looked well offside to me and to everybody sitting around me, therefore it was probably a marginal call. Don't suppose the Sportscene cameras, if they were there, will clear it up either?

I don't think we had a failure in the match with everyone doing their part.

So, this would suggest that we'll now overrun all comers but, of course, we all know that Falkirk don't do that and the next match will be totally different so we'll have to adapt to that to ensure that we push on!

Fabulous. The entire game was breathless stuff. Tynecastle is simply a class apart in terms of atmosphere.

I kind of desperately thought that losing the early goal might actually serve to get rid of the nerves for the Bairns,and that's kind of what happened. Hearts definitely took their foot off the gas, and paid the price for it. The Jambos desire to always play out from the back is admirable, but was also totally predictable,and our pressing game unravelled it yesterday.

By any standards, that was a brilliant game of football. We could (and probably should) have been out of sight by half time. Then again, Hearts could have gotten a few in the second half. That game could easily have ended 3-3, 4-3, or 4-6.

Hearts had to do a lot of defending today, and it was clear to see that it is their defence that now needs some work. It's one defeat, and they are far too good a side to not bounce back straight away.They will go on and will still hammer a good few teams in their remaining games. A few of their support were booing at times which was utterly ridiculous.

For me, John Baird and Mark Kerr a bit special today, but we had no failures at all. Good to see Rory revelling in now having proper partner up front. Brilliant day out, amazing result.

I think claiming you could have been out of sight by half time is a bit fanciful. You did have some good chances but they were all at 1 down, when chasing the game. We had two great chances to kill it at 1-0 up as well. You were the better side in the first half, I'd not dispute that.

Defensively we missed Ozturk a lot, as he's a key player building from the back.

Agree it was a really good game though.

It was a straightforward chance, I think it may have been Baird or someone roughly his height.

It was central defender Peter Grant (son of the former Celt of the same name) who's at least 8 feet taller than Baird!

Craig's tweet

@CraigWLevein: Bad day at the office. Too many players not at their best. Will be better next week. Falkirk caused us more problems than any other team

Won't go down too well with Stubbs.

Don't feel too bad - especially after watching so many top English teams either toiling or getting humped by 'wee' teams. Chelsea and Mac City - hohoho!

Craig's tweet

@CraigWLevein: Bad day at the office. Too many players not at their best. Will be better next week. Falkirk caused us more problems than any other team

Yup - up until yesterday, the most impressive side we've faced this season was QOS - Falkirk have really upped their game.

I think claiming you could have been out of sight by half time is a bit fanciful. You did have some good chances but they were all at 1 down, when chasing the game. We had two great chances to kill it at 1-0 up as well. You were the better side in the first half, I'd not dispute that.

Defensively we missed Ozturk a lot, as he's a key player building from the back.

Agree it was a really good game though.

You might be right, be we threw away three clear cut chances over and above the penalty goal. Things wouldn't have had to have been too different for us to have scored four rather than one by half time. Not saying we were dominant in play or possession, but we were carving Hearts defence open at pretty regular intervals.

Gutted for you really.

Please expand on the "financial mess Falkirk got themselves in", as the alphabet through here doesn't begin with CVA?

But in the meantime, a Hearts fan trying to issue financial advice really doesn't register on the irony scale.

Archived