Heart of Midlothian v Falkirk, 24/01/2015

Help ma boab. Passion at the fitba'. Whatever next!?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I actually think that the "air of expectancy" at Tynecastle isn't helping what is still essentially a young Hearts team.

I thought our 1st goal today came too easy......which perhaps caused the team to rest on their lourels to an extent today.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent performance after a shaky start.

Sibbalds goal was sensational as was Loy's.

Vaulks and Grant were rocks at the back and again Leahy confounded his critics.

Easier run of games on paper coming now - we have to ensure we do not slip up.

I thought Hearts were actually pretty good going forward but they did look poor defensively.

Great 3 points. Well done Houston

This.

Ps Getting to go mental right next to the Hearts support was quality. Hope the guy that fell down the plastic segregation is ok.

Pps Sibbald is an absolute #baller

I'd say it's possibly more of a wake up call for Neilson in that his tactics aren't fulproof.

I think we've rested on our lourels to an extent that teams will sit off of us in this league......slowly but surely team have woken up to this......today was the day that it came home to roost.

We just need to adapt our tactics to suit not just teams that sit off of us but teams that press us.

Not many teams have pressed us to be fair so today would have been a surprise for some. They probably thought after the early goal that it was going to be a walk in the park, we've been guilty of that too much this season.

We do need to learn how to play against that though. It's a learning process so today will hopefully be a valuable lesson.

Sibbald. Sometimes it's the ones who you love that hurt you the most sob.png

Thought Hearts were fucking gash the day and Falkirk were good. Fair result. Although if we could have not been tripping over the ball every time we were through on goal or headed it straight at the keeper from 5 yards we probably would have shitfested a win.

Hearts fans have been very gracious in defeat today unlike some of the Hibs fans (and management teams) when we've played them, so far play to them for that. Although we were the better team today and deserved the win, Hearts are the best team we've played and will play this season.

We weren't good enough. Falkirk more than deserved it. Thought we could have got away with masking over the cracks when we got it to 2-2, but Gomis getting caught running with the ball outside of the box(a trait he's been susceptible to for sometime) cost us in the end. No arguments from me, I just expected a lot more from us.

I thought Falkirk were brilliant today, they had a sluggish start but grew into the game and really could/should have scored 2 or 3 before half time as they were the only team to play in the first half, we came out more in the second half but it wasn't enough, we quite simply didn't impose ourselves on the game like we're used to doing to other teams at home.

Well done Falkirk, thoroughly deserved, and now onto Alloa next week, a ground that's tricky to win at!

Archived