Heart of Midlothian v Falkirk, 24/01/2015

Typical when a big team loses to a smaller club. Hearts were good going forward, the best we have played this season, we were just a bit better on the day. To say Hearts were terrible is unfair on both your own team and Falkirk

agreed. We made about 8 great chances, should have had a penalty and lost to two cracking finishes. Falkirk could have scored another few as well, as we did defend poorly all day though.

Good game, deserved win for a team who've improved massively since early season.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Behave yourself ffs. :lol:

It's maybe slightly over the top but I have to say I did think a section of Falkirk's support was OTT. Smoke bombs, then throwing the tapers at Sammy at one point as well as overly enthusiastic rushes towards the pitch

No, no, no.

Hearts were dreadful and Falkirk were good.

:)

No,no,no

Falkirk were more determined.

Scoring an early goal was the problem today. The Hearts players seemed to switch off until Falkirk scored their second.

After that we started to compete again in midfield.

Fair play to Falkirk though. I don't mind losing to a team that puts that much effort into 90 mins.

Not fully understanding why folk are singling out Wilson for criticism - McGhee, as promising as he is, was clearly the weak link in defence today.

McGhee made a mistake however Wilson is captain and a first choice. His performance was pretty average today and I'm not sure he made a succesful pass all day plus that awful free kick.

I do agree though that McGhee was poor too. Boy clearly fancies himself as some sort of beckenbauer/beckham clone too

Not fully understanding why folk are singling out Wilson for criticism - McGhee, as promising as he is, was clearly the weak link in defence today.

McGhee had a howling game. Bad passes, indecisive, stood off the man he should have tackled and did the opposite at the penalty. A very poor performance.

Wilson was much better than him but still not great.

I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, and we'd probably had missed it anyway, but how the f*ck did we not get a penalty for the foul on Sow? It was a stonewaller.

Yeh....I thought it was a penalty from where I was sat.

Doesn't alter the fact Falkirk deserved to win though.

McGhee had a howling game. Bad passes, indecisive, stood off the man he should have tackled and did the opposite at the penalty. A very poor performance.

Neither of the Centre Halves had many options to pass too due to Falkirk pressing do high up the pitch.

More often than not the only option was to hit Sow/Zeefuik with a long hopeful ball.

Easy to point the finger at them when the onus should have been on moving the ball far quicker through defence & midfield as opposed to launching the ball straight to the forwards.

A few players were off their game today.

I don't think we should be looking for defenders to make play.

The entire midfield four were well short, today - combine that with poor defending, and you're always going to lose.

Credit to Falkirk, of course, who were excellent, and made it hard for our guys to play.

Typical when a big team loses to a smaller club. Hearts were good going forward, the best we have played this season, we were just a bit better on the day. To say Hearts were terrible is unfair on both your own team and Falkirk

Not at all. I said falkirk were by far the better team and good value for the win. Hearts were awful compared to what they're capable of, that's not me trying to take away from falkirk a performance.

We had to rhythm in our play and the passing was bad. Our defending was even worse! Most of those were probably down to falkirks performance.

Deserved win for Falkirk. We were shite, apart from Zeefuik.

The arrogance of Wilson grabbing the ball for that free kick and then nearly hitting Stephane Mahe's poster was incredible.

Archived