Let's Guess What the Next Ibrox Attendance Will Be

I read that the attendance at the Hearts game was only around 9000 (I assume large Hearts travelling support of around 2000 was included in that figure) at most before it was postponed. I believe the next home fixture for The Rangers International Football Club is against Hibs on February 13th. Assuming they're "still going strong" by then, what do we think the attendance will shrink to?

By the time of the Hibs game we'll have had the news of McCoist being forbidden from attending Ricksen's tribute match, McDowell resigning and all the daily financial oblivion news reports/general probable club embarassment stories occur, in addition to this Hibs have absolutely dominated them every time they have played each other this season.

I reckon it will be between 5000-7000, probably very lucky to reach 6000.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I read that the attendance at the Hearts game was only around 9000 (I assume large Hearts travelling support of around 2000 was included in that figure) at most before it was postponed. I believe the next home fixture for The Rangers International Football Club is against Hibs on February 13th. Assuming they're "still going strong" by then, what do we think the attendance will shrink to?

By the time of the Hibs game we'll have had the news of McCoist being forbidden from attending Ricksen's tribute match, McDowell resigning and all the daily financial oblivion news reports/general probable club embarassment stories occur, in addition to this Hibs have absolutely dominated them every time they have played each other this season.

I reckon it will be between 5000-7000, probably very lucky to reach 6000.

8th February, Scottish Cup round 5 against Raith Rovers at Ibrox.

Not quite sure that the "hurray, hurray, booooooo" game and doing keepy-uppies in the centre circle will help to ease tensions, but happy to be wrong.

I meant more a case of "seeing out the game" from about the 15 minute mark.

Anything less than 5-0 will be considered failure by the "Greenyins" as well as us diddies.

If The Rangers survive another financial armageddon (yeah - I know) it could be celtics best chance of putting a brutal result in the books forever and give Deila hero status.

For a couple of weeks.

:)

Archived