Better Call Saul

The Real Saints

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad have his law degree from the University of American Samoa or some nonsense like that?

Been mentioned a few times in BCS.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad have his law degree from the University of American Samoa or some nonsense like that?

Yes and so does Jimmy McGill. Still registered with the same organisation as all the other lawyers.

I feel people are wanting BB2 a bit much here. While I agree that the storylines are plodding on a bit much, I've found it enjoyable enough, I'd prob be piossed off watching it one at a time, but I watched the series in three sittings so enough went on to keep me interested. However one thing clear is that these writers really struggle with female characters. The women in BB were insufferable and Kim seems to be of a similar vein. I felt that BB was a bit over dependant on huge events and forced tension, am happy enough for this to be going a different path.

However I don't buy Chuck's latest ploy to get Jimmy, he just happens to have a tape recorder lying about despite the electricity thing, it's all a bit bollocks really. Hopefully they'll do another series but it'll be more about Jimmy's seedy law pratice as I think there's value there.

I feel people are wanting BB2 a bit much here. While I agree that the storylines are plodding on a bit much, I've found it enjoyable enough, I'd prob be piossed off watching it one at a time, but I watched the series in three sittings so enough went on to keep me interested. However one thing clear is that these writers really struggle with female characters. The women in BB were insufferable and Kim seems to be of a similar vein. I felt that BB was a bit over dependant on huge events and forced tension, am happy enough for this to be going a different path.

However I don't buy Chuck's latest ploy to get Jimmy, he just happens to have a tape recorder lying about despite the electricity thing, it's all a bit bollocks really. Hopefully they'll do another series but it'll be more about Jimmy's seedy law pratice as I think there's value there.

He had all his electrical stuff stored in the garage.

I think Kim is an excellent character.  Strong, likeable and well written.

Yeah, not getting the Kim hate, one of the main successes of the season along with Mike imo.

Skylar was an insufferable character, but a well-written and well-played insufferable character. Weird to highlight and handwring the writers' showing insufferable women characters when the show was almost wall-to-wall 'morally grey' and outright nasty men.

Edited by banana

I'm not buying the people who say people who don't enjoy it must be expecting Breaking Bad etc.

I'm willing to bet that to a man, every single person on this thread who has not been impressed with season 2, absolutely loved season 1 which was also nothing like Breaking Bad.

Season 1 had more humour than Season 2 I felt.  And that's, by and large, what a lot of people loved about Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad - no matter how grim things got, he provided a laugh.  Remember towards the end of season 1 when he tracks down that family who are camping out with all that cash?  Piss funny.

There's been nothing like that in season 2.

Finished Season 2 was ok but I woud have like to have actually seen Saul begin to come to life so to speak , mike is definitely the most interesting part of series 2 . I hope it was gus that left the note

Anyone know when to expect season 3?

Edited by forever_blue

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Think a major player from BB will be appearing in Season 3, especially if you look at the titles of Season Two's episodes!!!

Switch
Cobbler
Amarillo
Gloves Off
Rebecca
Bali Ha'i
Inflatable
Fifi
Nailed
Klick

Take the first letters from each episode...
SCAGRBIFNK
FRINGSBACK

IMG_1471384718.984373.jpg.e6a94c98cf3637