Better Call Saul

The Real Saints

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I watched the first five minutes of last week's before working out that I'd already seen it, too.

Ha! Wasn't sure with the opening if he was just off rubbish collecting again this week! 

Another good episode this week, not quite scaling the heights of some of the earlier ones though.

Spoiler

Mike's first involvement with Madrigal and Lydia.

I guess we'll find out the cause of the ending next week

Edited by Arch Stanton

Not watched this week's yet but I've really enjoyed this series so far.

Nacho's scene with dropping the pills into Hector's jacket was genuine hold-your-breath stuff, I thought. Brilliantly acted as well as you can tell Nacho is utterly terrified of both Hector and the ramifications of getting caught, even without the trembling. Clearly we know who will live and die from this entire escapade but I wonder if this being badly botched is what leads to Hector being such a horrific mess by the start of BB rather than the onset of a stroke as I think most people had simply assumed.

Hector Salamanca has to be one of the best intimidating b*****ds in TV and it's amazing to think that him as the tortured old ill man and Gus as his antagonistic tormentor are the same two characters from BB and most viewers were completely sympathetic towards Hector's plight (as we really only saw the scene in one episode with a newbie Gus and his former business partner at the Villa in Mexico to give any real indication of the power and sadism of Hector when he was healthy).

I reckon there's another series, likely even two to go. This definitely can't be the last series given that it's been a three year build up in turning Jimmy to the verge of Saul and there are several questions left unanswered that simply won't tie up in one last episode.

I've said from the start and I maintain that the show's run will end with Walter White and Jessie walking into his office for the first time and it will be such a distortion on the view of events from what went on in the first two series of BB that we won't even definitively know it's happening until they walk in. Then flash forward into the present day B&W scenes (of which there isn't really enough) and a ghost from his past will show up on his doorstep - be it for good or bad.

6 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Not watched this week's yet but I've really enjoyed this series so far.

Nacho's scene with dropping the pills into Hector's jacket was genuine hold-your-breath stuff, I thought. Brilliantly acted as well as you can tell Nacho is utterly terrified of both Hector and the ramifications of getting caught, even without the trembling. Clearly we know who will live and die from this entire escapade but I wonder if this being badly botched is what leads to Hector being such a horrific mess by the start of BB rather than the onset of a stroke as I think most people had simply assumed.

Hector Salamanca has to be one of the best intimidating b*****ds in TV and it's amazing to think that him as the tortured old ill man and Gus as his antagonistic tormentor are the same two characters from BB and most viewers were completely sympathetic towards Hector's plight (as we really only saw the scene in one episode with a newbie Gus and his former business partner at the Villa in Mexico to give any real indication of the power and sadism of Hector when he was healthy).

I reckon there's another series, likely even two to go. This definitely can't be the last series given that it's been a three year build up in turning Jimmy to the verge of Saul and there are several questions left unanswered that simply won't tie up in one last episode.

I've said from the start and I maintain that the show's run will end with Walter White and Jessie walking into his office for the first time and it will be such a distortion on the view of events from what went on in the first two series of BB that we won't even definitively know it's happening until they walk in. Then flash forward into the present day B&W scenes (of which there isn't really enough) and a ghost from his past will show up on his doorstep - be it for good or bad.

Apparently they have plans of doing episodes in the aftermath of it. Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing them attempt a season of cramming five season's worth of Breaking Bad into a type of season where Breaking Bad is happening but you add other stories into it and different perspectives and vantage points from other characters . If there was ever the potential for a show to do something like this, this is absolutely the horse I would back for it.

I could tell Kym was going to crash when she was going over what she was going to say. I was expecting the crash to be fatal though. Looks like Jimmy and Kym are drifting even further apart. I like how this season has gone more into depth the relationship between Gus & Hector, and gives a better understanding of the hatred they have for one another.

Really enjoying this prequel.  Mike's story arc is indeed getting interesting and looks like he's going to start getting more heavily involved with Gus and Lydia now.  

Was saying to the wife last night, wouldn't the ending of BCS be great if it was Walter and Jesse walking into Saul's office?

Was saying to the wife last night, wouldn't the ending of BCS be great if it was Walter and Jesse walking into Saul's office?

I think that would be the correct way to end it and tie it all up, with the appearance of Walter!!!

But I'm sure we could get away with a few Jesse episodes, IIRC didn't Walter and Saul not get hooked up because Jesse had already had run ins with everybody's favourite bent lawyer???

Silly question but it's driving me mad....Has this always come out on a Tuesday on Netflix? I was convinced it was Mondays but this week I couldn't watch it til the Tuesday....am I going bonkers or have they switched the day for the final two episodes?

3 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Silly question but it's driving me mad....Has this always come out on a Tuesday on Netflix? I was convinced it was Mondays but this week I couldn't watch it til the Tuesday....am I going bonkers or have they switched the day for the final two episodes?

It's shown on AMC in the US on a Monday night, so it would make sense that it's on Netflix the next day.

Just now, MSU said:

It's shown on AMC in the US on a Monday night, so it would make sense that it's on Netflix the next day.

Ah ok, maybe just had it in my mind that it was Monday but never tried watching it before the Tuesday til this week then! 

32 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Also just to add...

Poor Irene!!!

Oh Jimmy!!!emoji853.png

I found that hugely difficult and uncomfortable to watch. Throughout BCS and this slow transition from Jimmy to Saul, it's been easy to be on Jimmy's side despite how he employs his means to an end. But poor Irene! And he had so many chances to do the right thing through that and chose not to. RIP Jimmy. Long live Saul Goodman, I guess.