Better Call Saul

The Real Saints

22 hours ago, MSU said:

I found that hugely difficult and uncomfortable to watch. Throughout BCS and this slow transition from Jimmy to Saul, it's been easy to be on Jimmy's side despite how he employs his means to an end. But poor Irene! And he had so many chances to do the right thing through that and chose not to. RIP Jimmy. Long live Saul Goodman, I guess.

Was almost almost tearing up when nobody cheered Irene when she won the bingo and she went away crying. What a horrible thing to do robbing an old woman of her friends.

22 hours ago, MSU said:

I found that hugely difficult and uncomfortable to watch. Throughout BCS and this slow transition from Jimmy to Saul, it's been easy to be on Jimmy's side despite how he employs his means to an end. But poor Irene! And he had so many chances to do the right thing through that and chose not to. RIP Jimmy. Long live Saul Goodman, I guess.

Maybe not quite just yet, going by the preview of next weeks episode; 

Spoiler

Kim takes time off; Jimmy tries to make amends; Nacho gambles with his future; Hamlin pushes Chuck to make a decision.

On 6/16/2017 at 19:21, badgerthewitness said:

During the mall scenes, did anyone else clock a store named Crazy 8? There might have been one named Lidia as well.

Yep certainly did.  The camera seemed to stay on it for a second or two to allow the viewer to clock it.

Brilliant season finale. And there's a lovely bit towards the end where they have Jimmy lit where half his face is light, half is in shadow and the metaphor of Jimmy/Saul couldn't be clearer. 

Can't wait for S4. Ten episode season drama is the way to go but it leaves too much time between seasons. 

8 hours ago, MSU said:

Brilliant season finale. And there's a lovely bit towards the end where they have Jimmy lit where half his face is light, half is in shadow and the metaphor of Jimmy/Saul couldn't be clearer. 

Can't wait for S4. Ten episode season drama is the way to go but it leaves too much time between seasons. 

I disagree, very disappointing. No Mike, way too much Chuck and that was a season finale?<_<

After last week's episode, I have a theory about Kim.  I reckon she has a brain tumour.  She appeared to be driving along fine one minute, then she had crashed a split second later; there was no nodding off or losing control, it just happened as if to suggest a black out.

So yeah, I think that's how Kim's going to go, sadly, and it might just be the final straw that see Jimmy becoming Saul.

Chuck being a right c**t to Jimmy right to the very end. I wonder if his words that he should stop having regrets and putting things right and instead concentrate on destroying things will be the main thing that pushes him to the other side as Saul Goodman once he learns of his death. And of course losing the trust of the OAP community will have ruined the Jimmy McGill name. Have to say though, that the actor who played the mentally ill Chuck done the role justice. When he was tearing up his home I'll admit that I found it quite funny though.

7 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I disagree, very disappointing. No Mike, way too much Chuck and that was a season finale?<_<

Hector Salamanca finally collapses and Chuck kills himself. By 'Better Call Saul' standards, that is surely a massive season finale?

Brilliant ending to the series, imo.

Tied just enough up but still left plenty to keep the audience pining for another series.

*** SPOILER FOLLOWS ***

Chuck's (assumed) demise was sad, even though I hate him. Not sure it's suicide though as why would anyone choose that method? I think he had finally flipped and just wanted to get rid of the last element of electricity and was too far gone to think of the consequences.

8 hours ago, Alex_14 said:

You should probably use spoiler tags

I couldn't disagree more.  If you're reading this thread after the finale has been aired, and you haven't seen it yet, then you frankly deserve to have the story spoiled for you.

As for the finale, Chuck's a dick.

Was watching Breaking Bad clips on YouTube there, and noticed that the place Walt goes to withdraw his savings to buy the RV in the opening episode is called 'Mesa Credit Union', I wonder if this is linked to the bank 'Mesa Verde' in BCS?

Just finished watching it, loved it. The slow build makes the crucial scenes even more dramatic and they are delivered so slickly and subtly that even though you basically know what is going to happen you still get the pay off.

I think I actually prefer this to Breaking Bad and I thought Breaking Bad was up there with some of the best TV I've ever seen.