Better Call Saul

The Real Saints

Very so-so finale. The scene where Mike finds the note, and the very last scene were good, but this season has just plodded along. It was series three when Breaking Bad starting getting properly brilliant so hopefully it'll be the same with this. Enjoyed series one, but on reflection, series two was pretty disappointing overall.

I think the fact that people are so excited for Fring to show up shows how generally uninteresting the BCS characters have been.

Meh, last two episodes were like an engine repeatedly revving but the car just jilting forwards a few times. I fear the producers are about to c**t us around for another three or four seasons.

I wish they'd kill the Chuck storyline. How many times are we going to be battered over the head with their love-hate sibling relationship and the tiresome electricity thing. Brutally contrived deathbed mother scene too, but amazing tension in the opening hospital scene.

Could've cut half the content from the season and left out nothing of importance. Also, simply awful cliffhanger, would've fit halfway through a mid-season episode. important to point out that the whole metal sheeting of the room and the resignation letter were all a ploy by Chuck, playing Jimmy as he knew he'd rush over to his home and knew he'd probably feel guilty and confess.

Edited by banana

Meh, last two episodes were like an engine repeatedly revving but the car just jilting forwards a few times. I fear the producers are about to c**t us around for another three or four seasons.

I wish they'd kill the Chuck storyline. How many times are we going to be battered over the head with their love-hate sibling relationship and the tiresome electricity thing. Brutally contrived deathbed mother scene too, but amazing tension in the opening hospital scene.

Could've cut half the content from the season and left out nothing of importance. Also, simply awful cliffhanger, would've fit halfway through a mid-season episode. important to point out that the whole metal sheeting of the room and the resignation letter were all a ploy by Chuck, playing Jimmy as he knew he'd rush over to his home and knew he'd probably feel guilty and confess.

Why is it worth pointing out?

surely everyone who has watched the episode would know that.

Those that haven't watched it? well, thats it fucked for them!

surely everyone who has watched the episode would know that.

Those that haven't watched it? well, thats it fucked for them!

If anyone is reading this thread before watching the last episode, tough shit. It's common sense to avoid a thread unless you're up to date.

The depth of Chuck's preparation and cunning passed some people by.

What Fide said about spoilers. I myself didn't come near the thread for a few weeks until I'd watched 9 & 10.

Hopefully frings left the note. I'll give it a couple of episodes to see if its going anywhere. If not, I'm finished, too slow for me. Wouldn't be surprised if season 3 is devoted entirely to saul and his bird trying to make their firm work :(

Hopefully frings left the note. I'll give it a couple of episodes to see if its going anywhere. If not, I'm finished, too slow for me. Wouldn't be surprised if season 3 is devoted entirely to saul and his bird trying to make their firm work :(

With Chuck having Jimmy confessing on tape  I think Jimmy Mcgill's days as a lawyer are over and will be the reason for the Saul Goodman name change. Kim will lose the Mesa Verde client and is certain to dump Jimmy once she finds out what he did.

Good shout about the note. I never gave Fring much thought but it would certainly make sense.

With Chuck having Jimmy confessing on tape I think Jimmy Mcgill's days as a lawyer are over and will be the reason for the Saul Goodman name change. Kim will lose the Mesa Verde client and is certain to dump Jimmy once she finds out what he did.

Good shout about the note. I never gave Fring much thought but it would certainly make sense.

Surely if he gets struck off he can't be Saul Goodman, the lawyer, either ? Reckon Chuck will blackmail him to change his name and have no ties with him.

Surely if he gets struck off he can't be Saul Goodman, the lawyer, either ? Reckon Chuck will blackmail him to change his name and have no ties with him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad have his law degree from the University of American Samoa or some nonsense like that?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad have his law degree from the University of American Samoa or some nonsense like that?

Been mentioned a few times in BCS.

Yes and so does Jimmy McGill. Still registered with the same organisation as all the other lawyers.

I feel people are wanting BB2 a bit much here. While I agree that the storylines are plodding on a bit much, I've found it enjoyable enough, I'd prob be piossed off watching it one at a time, but I watched the series in three sittings so enough went on to keep me interested. However one thing clear is that these writers really struggle with female characters. The women in BB were insufferable and Kim seems to be of a similar vein. I felt that BB was a bit over dependant on huge events and forced tension, am happy enough for this to be going a different path.

However I don't buy Chuck's latest ploy to get Jimmy, he just happens to have a tape recorder lying about despite the electricity thing, it's all a bit bollocks really. Hopefully they'll do another series but it'll be more about Jimmy's seedy law pratice as I think there's value there.