Better Call Saul

The Real Saints

Think Season Two has far more potential than the first when it comes to character development. Really looking forward to it.

yup, season 1 they crafted the characters superbly, we know their backstories (well the main ones) we know the settings, now they can start focusing on the future and the upcoming storylines without the need to explain about characters

i am really looking forward to this being back on

• 2 weeks later...

One a week.

Just watched the first one there, just a builder but absolutely class none the less. Looking forward to next weeks.

Any scene with Jonathan Banks is absolute class. The way he portrays that character makes me want to see a spin off with him as the star. As you say a nice builder but still extremely enjoyable.

I'll probably wait till they are all on then binge.

I think I enjoy TV shows more when not binge watching. You have to time to digest what you've seen and have a think about it. I get a better understanding of what was said and what's gone on. I feel binge watching I miss things. Ironically if given the option of another episode straight away I would definitely watch despite feeling I enjoy it more on the once a week basis.

Any scene with Jonathan Banks is absolute class. The way he portrays that character makes me want to see a spin off with him as the star. As you say a nice builder but still extremely enjoyable.

I think I enjoy TV shows more when not binge watching. You have to time to digest what you've seen and have a think about it. I get a better understanding of what was said and what's gone on. I feel binge watching I miss things. Ironically if given the option of another episode straight away I would definitely watch despite feeling I enjoy it more on the once a week basis.

I much prefer to binge watch shows.

Firstly because American networks take so many weird scheduling breaks not to mention the mid season break that you can end up forgetting what's going on, and secondly because especially in 22 episode seasons you get so many slower filler episodes that it's much easier to stay focused and invested when you can move straight onto the next episode rather than wait a week for something you're no longer as excited about.

Edit to add : for instance I actually thought the season premiere of better call Saul this week was slow and boring with no real story development and a waste of an episode in what is a relatively short season, although I understand that first episodes of seasons are usually quite poor as it has to reset and set up the rest of the season.

But if I had the chance to watch the whole season in one then I'm sure the premiere makes perfect sense in developing a brilliant story and season.

Edited by port-ton

Quite an interesting thought and see it from both points of view. Probably feel I get more out of one a week, as I got used to it over the years. Only in the last few years have I binged watched anything.

Your point about the American scheduling is a very valid one. That annoys me. They stop for so many pointless breaks. They even interrupt short seasons with a break. But with advertising revenue at a premium in the USA you can see why they don't want to sell their ad space when the Superbowl is on or the NBA playoffs are on as no one would be watching.

Watched the first episode of the new series last night. Thought it was great, particularly the ending. Thought I'd made a mistake not watching the last episode of the first series before it to remind me of what happened, but the episode itself does a good job of reminding you of what went on before.

Thought it was a solid if unspectacular return.

Quite liked the final scene where Jimmy's rebellious streak can't refrain from switching the light. It's all those kind of subtleties that Gilligan and the rest of the writers do so well, and why I find it all so compelling; even though nothing much appeared* to happen, I was still glued to the screen and the 40-odd minutes went by in a flash.

*I say "appeared" as seemingly meaningless scenes tend to actually turn out as somewhat eureka moments going on previous form.