Stephen Fry Nails It

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a good one from a few years ago where Fry talks about religious people being offended where he literally says "So fucking what if you're offended!" :lol:

I think it was Richard Dawkins that said something along the lines "people have the right to believe whatever they want but I also have the right to ridicule them for it". Quite right.

we invented him at a point in history when we didn't know any better and the ruling classes in many societies throughout history have kept him alive as part of their control mechanisms..What cannot be defended is that in this age of reason and science, and in an age where it is easier (though not always easy) to challenge the ruling classes, that so many folk still slavishly follow the God concept and that so few folk are willing to challenge it.

Well said.

The best bit is that for a large proportion of religious people, had they been brought up elsewhere in the world then it would be some other God they'd be believing in. Not only have they not weighed up the options with regards to entering religion in general but they've taken up the one that's been thrown at them by their parents, school, government or whatever. Whether I'd give them more respect if they had actually weighed up their options and still gone down the same path is a different story.

Precisely, centipedes and millipedes would have 100 and 1000 legs apiece, as it stands(no pun intended) he/she fucked up the naming rights.

Not insects dear boy, myriapods.

I think it was Richard Dawkins that said something along the lines "people have the right to believe whatever they want but I also have the right to ridicule them for it". Quite right.

Of course he has that right. Why no cartoons of mohammed on his website though?

Another jumped up c**t running his mouth and inciting religious hatred. Sick of these vile c***s, if you don't believe in God and think its a load of nonsense etc then fair enough, don't fucking throw it down our throats. Some of us, like myself, are religious and can't be arsed with that utter bile.

Another jumped up c**t running his mouth and inciting religious hatred. Sick of these vile c***s, if you don't believe in God and think its a load of nonsense etc then fair enough, don't fucking throw it down our throats. Some of us, like myself, are religious and can't be arsed with that utter bile.

Moron found.

As opposed to the religious who've been, well, throwing down our throats for a few thousand years? If you believe in it, fine - live it up, but keep it private.

Where it becomes a problem is when the religious try to make power plays in order to control aspects of the lives of everybody regardless of what they believe or indeed don't, like our friends on the religious right across the pond who actively pursue an abhorrent anti-gay, anti-choice, anti-scientific progress agenda in an effort to force their collective delusions on the population as a whole.

If you believe in it, fine - live it up, but keep it private.

Exactly, I'm Roman Catholic but I don't shove it down anyone's throat, just like fannies like Fry the paedo and Ricky Gervais shouldn't when speaking about how they hate religion.

Honest_Man#1, you're a bigot.

Exactly, I'm Roman Catholic but I don't shove it down anyone's throat, just like fannies like Fry the paedo and Ricky Gervais shouldn't when speaking about how they hate religion.

Honest_Man#1, you're a bigot.

Really?

Archived