LL and HL clubs in the Junior Cup?

Bankies Alive

Not about them meeting each other . It's about me personally preferring my local club to be playing in a separate grade of football to the bigger city side i am a fan of . i have enjoyed the separation the distinction, what both grades offer all my life ( i am 34 years old btw so not some old codger stuck in the 60's ). My local club were founded to represent the club in the juniors grade ,local - region leagues, in local cups , playing local towns and villages that i want to see continue.

I would be happy for it to stay that way forever. I understand though it may not and if things changed i would obviously need to go with it and support my local club in whatever format they play in , won't enjoy it as much as can't see my team having as much to play for honors wise ( currently have 5 honors to play for which gives my local team a fighting chance of winning something ) .

You sound very much the gloryhunter. Probably why you need a big team in the first place. Don't see why the didiest of diddy cups would need to disappear anyway.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a supporter of a Lowland League club I have no strong feelings either way- the Scottish (Junior) Cup is the Holy Grail for Junior clubs and is a fantastic competition. It could, I suppose, be made into a Scottish equivalent of the FA Trophy and the South Cup abolished.

The only thing I would say is that to avoid fixture congestion I would hope replays could be played where possible in midweek under shiny things like the big glowy thing depicted below (this game was Ed Uni v Spartans):

post-12982-0-28037500-1423520576_thumb.j

Not about them meeting each other . It's about me personally preferring my local club to be playing in a separate grade of football to the bigger city side i am a fan of .

I (as well as most people i know family etc ) have enjoyed the separation the distinction, what both grades offer all my life ( i am 34 years old btw so not some old codger stuck in the 60's ). My local club were founded to represent the club in the juniors grade ,local - region leagues, in local cups , playing local towns and villages that i want to see continue.

I would be happy for it to stay that way forever. I understand though it may not and if things changed i would obviously need to go with it and support my local club in whatever format they play in , won't enjoy it as much as can't see my team having as much to play for honors wise ( currently have 5 honors to play for which gives my local team a fighting chance of winning something ) .

Forget about grades, it's just fitba!

I lived in England for a long spell and I had a league team to go and watch - "big" - and my local town team - "wee". It never crossed my mind whether they played in a different "grade" of football or not. England got shot of all that nonsense in the early 70's, Scotland still clings to this archaic nonsense.

I've supported Celtic all my days and always will but my son has played EOS and now junior fitba and my choice is to go and watch him week after week and will continue to do so until he stops playing and if both win then I'm happy enough with that,not been to many Celtic games in years gone by and will prob go and watch juniors or local team as I think it's more affordable and a decent standard.

As a supporter of a Lowland League club I have no strong feelings either way- the Scottish (Junior) Cup is the Holy Grail for Junior clubs and is a fantastic competition. It could, I suppose, be made into a Scottish equivalent of the FA Trophy and the South Cup abolished.

The only thing I would say is that to avoid fixture congestion I would hope replays could be played where possible in midweek under shiny things like the big glowy thing depicted below (this game was Ed Uni v Spartans):

pmill1.jpg

You will be hunted down and will receive several lashes for even mentioning,the devils lanterns ????

For example someone from a town in and around Manchester may support United or City but also a team like Accrington Stanley, Bury or Stockport.

Off topic but reminds me of a guy I met while waiting to be served in a pub in Manchester a few years ago, got talkin to this guy , usual gibberish about football as there was a game on. I asked him about the top he was wearing and he explained it was a Hyde FC top, he was a city fan but fell out of love with the whole city thing and now followed Hyde home and away with his mates, loves it and could never imagine himself renewing his season ticket at the Etihad.

So I started to blether on about my team and he let me ramble on for ages about the whole "its called Junior football but its not kids, honest!" Like you do every time you meet someone from England and Junior football comes up lol.

What he said next caught me totally by surprise, in his broad Manchester accent, "I'm more of a Medda man" he said.

Turns out he was born in Irvine and spent his early years in there, and his old man used to take him to Meadow park. :lol:

Off topic but reminds me of a guy I met while waiting to be served in a pub in Manchester a few years ago, got talkin to this guy , usual gibberish about football as there was a game on. I asked him about the top he was wearing and he explained it was a Hyde FC top, he was a city fan but fell out of love with the whole city thing and now followed Hyde home and away with his mates, loves it and could never imagine himself renewing his season ticket at the Etihad.

So I started to blether on about my team and he let me ramble on for ages about the whole "its called Junior football but its not kids, honest!" Like you do every time you meet someone from England and Junior football comes up lol.

What he said next caught me totally by surprise, in his broad Manchester accent, "I'm more of a Medda man" he said.

Turns out he was born in Irvine and spent his early years in there, and his old man used to take him to Meadow park. :lol:

Haha brilliant story

Not about them meeting each other . It's about me personally preferring my local club to be playing in a separate grade of football to the bigger city side i am a fan of .

I (as well as most people i know family etc ) have enjoyed the separation the distinction, what both grades offer all my life ( i am 34 years old btw so not some old codger stuck in the 60's ). My local club were founded to represent the club in the juniors grade ,local - region leagues, in local cups , playing local towns and villages that i want to see continue.

I dont know why you are so hung up on the different grades thing when its been pointed out its all still football, see when Marathon became Snickers and Opal Fruits became Starburst did the product change? No only the name changed, rebranding is allowed and I think a total rebrand of non league football (juniors more so as they seem to be the ones fighting against this) is needed. What we need to realise is nostalgic throw backs of years gone by when 3000 folk packed in to watch their local team is gone, we live in a commercially driven world now and the juniors are getting found out a bit and refuse to see change as progress which in consequence sees far to many struggling to survive.

Lets do summer fitba under 1 association and we can use floodlights if installed and pish in £80k disabled toilets, when needed :ph34r:

http://sadtrombone.com/?play=true

mmm, ok then. :rolleyes:

I thought it would make for a more appropriate end sound accompaniment to your tale than that bloody "HI I'M BARRY SCOTT!" at 20 000 decibels we're all being currently inflicted with once you scroll far enough down c/o Div's determination to inflict ads on us by stealth at the bottom of every b*****ding page ("it should only happen once" - aye, right...)

I thought it would make for a more appropriate end sound accompaniment to your tale than that bloody "HI I'M BARRY SCOTT!" at 20 000 decibels we're all being currently inflicted with once you scroll far enough down c/o Div's determination to inflict ads on us by stealth at the bottom of every b*****ding page ("it should only happen once" - aye, right...)

It's better just to think things in your own head sometimes.

Archived