Queens v alloa

Having witnessed both Cowden victories over us and the last draw v Alloa, I would say some Queens fans are getting a bit carried away by cup glory. We will have to earn this one. I'm glad it's at Palmerston. I hope we are quick out of the blocks and take the game to the visitors. It would be great to keep pressure on Hibs and Falkirk with a win.

Hope Burnsy and McKenna get more game time.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another tough game this week and I imagine Queens will be even more up for it as they can move within two points of Newcostle Rangers with a win. With McCord and Gordon suspended and Simmons struggling with a back injury it'll be interesting to see how Barry sets up the team. Marr should slot into centre half easily and hopefully look like he's never been away, in midfield I'd go for Jahraldo- Martin, Tiffoney, Holmes and Docherty. Up front I think Buchanan deserves to keep his place and I think either Rutherford or Roberts will partner him.

1-2 Buchanan & Tiff.

This is unbelievably quite on here from Queens fans especially after last night's result. We have the opportunity to get within 2 points of the Orcs. Third place is well within our sights. This won't be easy as Allow don't get easily turned over often. If we can get straight at them and get an early goal, well who knows. I would expect us to stick with the same formation which has worked well in the last couple of weeks, it's just a case of does Fowler bring Clark and Miller back. Nice dilemma to have with a full squad to pick from. Time for us to kick on in this season with a very exciting month to look forward to.

Hopefully an early goal which will be the platform for a 3 nil win.

This is unbelievably quite on here from Queens fans especially after last night's result. We have the opportunity to get within 2 points of the Orcs. Third place is well within our sights. This won't be easy as Allow don't get easily turned over often. If we can get straight at them and get an early goal, well who knows. I would expect us to stick with the same formation which has worked well in the last couple of weeks, it's just a case of does Fowler bring Clark and Miller back. Nice dilemma to have with a full squad to pick from. Time for us to kick on in this season with a very exciting month to look forward to.Hopefully an early goal which will be the platform for a 3 nil win.

I was trying to avoid mentioning you-know-who

1-2 Buchanan & Tiff.

If that happens (even without the correct scorers) I'll genuinely donate a tenner to the charity of your choice.

Alloa don't look like scoring 1 never mind 2. In the same breath, we've huffed and puffed without getting anything. The Alloa 'keeper has made at least 3 crackin' saves that I can recall though. Clark has only had to touch the ball at by-kicks. From our point of view we really need to get this goal or Alloa will just continue to sit in and be content with the point. Certainly no a dig at them as they are defending well as a unit.

Reilly went off injured with what looks like a hamstring strain. He didn't look too distressed so hopefully just a precaution. Also, lets hope Russell can give Fowler a headache for the striker positions.

A terrific three points from a really laboured performance.

We're a weaker side without Reilly, as was evident again today.

The introduction of Carmichael was long overdue and made a difference.

Clark did well in goals too.

Not good today, but let's take the points and run.

Higgins, Durnan, Dowie are an aerial threat. All have scored with their head this season. Now we have the head of Holt.

And Falkirk falter.

We need consistently better set piece delivery to capitalise on that threat though. Again today, we didn't see it.

Smith almost got us relegated from a relatively safe position last season. He looks like going one better this season.

We have sacked far better managers in the past for less. But hey ho, lets continue to play nice football with no end product.

The performance says more about Alloa's stifling tactics than it does our play. We know we're a good side so no need to be overly concerned.

McShane has to come off set pieces, absolutely atrocious. Carmichael also staked a strong claim to replace Paton who was poor. Millar did well from the bench as well. The game needed his nous rather than Burnsy's graft.

It must be grim following Alloa. Zero attacking intent on show today. Fair play to the few that travelled.

Paton has been great since his return but against a stodgy team was below par.

Horses for courses methinks.

We have a good squad now and Fowler has decisions to make. What a choice of midfielders we now have!

Up to him but his team selections and subs to date have mostly sound

Shaping up for a good end to the season.

A terrific three points from a really laboured performance.

We're a weaker side without Reilly, as was evident again today.

The introduction of Carmichael was long overdue and made a difference.

Clark did well in goals too.

Not good today, but let's take the points and run.

It wasnt a great second half but first half we played well and absolutely dominated an Alloa team who couldnt have made it more obvious they came for a draw if they'd been carrying betting slips with Queens 0 v 0 Alloa on them.

Second half was pretty poor and Alloa came back in to it a bit. They have nothing up front though. Roberts was woeful and Layne made a mess of two or three decent chances.

Paton, much like the rest of the team, played really well first half but absolutely nothing went for him in the second.

We need consistently better set piece delivery to capitalise on that threat though. Again today, we didn't see it.

There isnt a huge amount wrong with the delivery. The corners, in particular, are being aimed at the front post. The problem is no one is able to clear the defender out of that area or get in front of them to get a head on the ball.

Ah so the delivery is fine but it's the fault of the runners?

Even assuming that wasn't utter nonsense wouldn't you mix it up and try plan B if the fruitless plan A wasn't working?

Carmichael played a better ball for the goal after being on the park 10 minutes than McShane had managed in 10 attempts. Soon after Durnan, a centre half, put in an equally good ball that Kidd should have scored from.

Archived