Who will you vote for at the 2015 General Election?

Elixir

Which party will get your vote in May?  

409 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With less than three months to go now until Thursday, the 7th of May, I think it's about time we had a poll up and running.

This General Election will likely be the most surprising and unpredictable for decades, both in Scotland and the rest of the United Kingdom, so make sure you are registered to cast your vote.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would fully expect the SNP percentage to be higher than the opinion polls here. But I wonder how much of a swing there will be from the last election.

I voted Labour last time around (in Glasgow North). I live in Glasgow Central now and will be voting SNP. The prospect of unseating Anas Sarwar is delicious.

If the election was tomorrow I'd vote SNP. I'll leave open the possibility of a switch before election day, but it almost certainly will be the SNP. Only reason I'd change is if the local candidate wasn't someone I felt I could vote for and there was someone else that I personally liked. I'm still not sure what constituency I'll be voting in.

One of my flatmates will vote Tory, not sure about the other. The rest of the family are likely a 50/50 split with those who voted Yes going SNP and those who voted No staying Labour.

I would fully expect the SNP percentage to be higher than the opinion polls here. But I wonder how much of a swing there will be from the last election.

I voted Labour last time around (in Glasgow North). I live in Glasgow Central now and will be voting SNP. The prospect of unseating Anas Sarwar is delicious.

I must admit to envying the folk who have the chance to empty some of the biggest c**ts known to Scottish politics.

Although my MP is a Lib Dem welt, he is a complete non-entity.

I'm still torn between the SNP and the Greens.

I love the cut of the Greens' jib - and I don't see it as a wasted vote. But there's something nice about being a part of this SNP landslide. Seeing some major names in Scottish politics fall will be truly wonderful.

Time for a clear oot I reckon.

Unusually for the South East, it's a straight choice between Tory/Labour here. The Tories hold the seat but could be in danger as there's a significant Lib Dem vote that isn't going to favour them if it collapses. UKIP will probably harm both Labour and the Tories equally, but will make little impact beyond fighting it out for the LDs for a distant third. Since this seat was created in 1986, it's been won by the party that got the most votes.

I haven't decided yet. I don't want a Labour government, but equally I don't think David Cameron has much control over some of the elements of the Conservatives that I dislike. A hung parliament will suit me fine.

I love the cut of the Greens' jib - and I don't see it as a wasted vote. But there's something nice about being a part of this SNP landslide. Seeing some major names in Scottish politics fall will be truly wonderful.

What seat are you?

I'd be tempted to vote Green if the SNP are expected to romp home or have almost no chance (Mind you, you could probably count on one hand the amount of seats in the latter category)

If it's in any way close then you have to vote SNP

What seat are you?

I'd be tempted to vote Green if the SNP are expected to romp home or have almost no chance (Mind you, you could probably count on one hand the amount of seats in the latter category)

If it's in any way close then you have to vote SNP

Dundee West.

Jim McGovern (Lab) has a majority of 7,000.

Give the Greens your list vote for Holyrood next year. I imagine many folk will be doing that.

Dundee West.

Jim McGovern (Lab) has a majority of 7,000.

Like somebody said on here the other day, they'll be weighing the SNP vote in both Dundee constituencies in May.

Since this seat was created in 1986, it's been won by the party that got the most votes.

Really? :P

Archived