Advances in public toilets since 1995?

Kiaceed

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't care less about any of it, so long as it's kept clean. Thankfully this has come along leaps and bounds since I was wean, when half the public lavvies looked like the inmates from the asylum had been through to smear shite over everything. That 'Worst Toilet in Scotland' wasn't a million miles from the truth :yucky

I still like going to wee grounds like for far where instead of pissing into a metal urinal you are just hosing on a concrete wall.

Whilst the overgate toilets are very clean I feel today's youth are missing out on a sense of danger, excitement and sensory overload that I was lucky enough to experience in dundees seabraes or Westport underground toilets .

The main problem with public toilets is finding one outwith a shopping centre or certain supermarkets.

This. What you're discussing here are not Public Toilets, they're the facilities which commercial operators are forced, by law, to provide.

The only advance I've seen in Public Toilets is their rate of closure. Even in a city reliant on Tourism like York, I can think of half-a-dozen public loos which have been closed in the last few years. They even tried to establish a so-called "super-loo" just after they'd closed one of the largest Public Conveniences in the City - with an entrance fee of a quid( :blink:). Fortunately that was short-lived, and the Parliament Street Dungeon was re-opened. A small victory for decency.

One staple of public toilets which never gets the recognition it deserves is the high quality urinals or Armitage Shanks.

There was a public loo (below-ground iirc) in Hull which had glass cisterns above the urinals, full of happily oblivious goldfish.

Couldn't care less about any of it, so long as it's kept clean. Thankfully this has come along leaps and bounds since I was wean, when half the public lavvies looked like the inmates from the asylum had been through to smear shite over everything. That 'Worst Toilet in Scotland' wasn't a million miles from the truth :yucky

If anyone remembers the old toilets at Glasgow Central station they were like one of the levels in Dante's inferno. The one where heroin addicts were sent to smell raw sewage and live in a swamp of vomit.

I still like going to wee grounds like for far where instead of pissing into a metal urinal you are just hosing on a concrete wall.

Whilst the overgate toilets are very clean I feel today's youth are missing out on a sense of danger, excitement and sensory overload that I was lucky enough to experience in dundees seabraes or Westport underground toilets .

I remember having to slash against chipboard at Annfield, it was worth it to see Ross Scott performing his trademark slide tackle on The Binos plastic pitch.

Archived