Motherwell vs Dundee

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hence why you are in the midst of a relegation battle and we are top 6.

And you will take pleasure in reminding us....

If I were a St Mirren fan I would talk guff about us finishing best of the rest 3 seasons in a row and being in Europe for 4 out of the last 5 years when Dundee were languishing in the lower leagues

But I am not so I wont.

That would be desperately clinging onto the past, which I'm not currently talking about.

But if you'd like another reminder, it's 7 goals we have scored into your miserly mob so far this season, let's see if we can get it into double digits come Saturday.

Isn't that talking about the past Philip?

Anyway, with absolutely no fucking reasoning whatsoever, I'm going for a mindboggling 2-0 Motherwell win.

In what sense are we 'due' a defeat?[/

Going by match reports v Hamilton and Thistle in that Dundee didnae perform too well, therefore if they are not playing well then the liklhood is that will get beat soon- unless they perform better. Hartley even said that the better side lost on Saturday. These not so good performances were either side of a comfortable Celtic victory.

I am a wee bit more optimistic this week as I think Pearson is back, and I think the new players will have another week of settling in - I hope.

I know I am maybe a wee bit positive given that we have been not performing this season and have been p..s poor all season.

Frankly, Motherwell have been so atrocious against us this season that any coach could get an improvement just by introducing the defenders to each other and forcing them to learn each other's names.

Also pulling everyone back and launching the ball into the street at every opportunity for the first five minutes would reduce the odds of conceding an early goal. Well have shipped a goal in the first three minutes in both games so far and they just seem to have thought "oh dear, not gonnae be our day". Then they've folded.

Our third in October and fourth in January were as comically ineptly defended goals as you could hope to see outside primary school football.

Frankly, Motherwell have been so atrocious against us this season that any coach could get an improvement just by introducing the defenders to each other and forcing them to learn each other's names.

Also pulling everyone back and launching the ball into the street at every opportunity for the first five minutes would reduce the odds of conceding an early goal. Well have shipped a goal in the first three minutes in both games so far and they just seem to have thought "oh dear, not gonnae be our day". Then they've folded.

Our third in October and fourth in January were as comically ineptly defended goals as you could hope to see outside primary school football.

The fourth in January was a bit of bad luck but poor at the same time. The third goal in October was the worst defending I've seen in a long time. Easiest goal Greg Stewart has probably scored in his career.

As long as Dundee have their shooting boots on they will beat us because our defence is worth at least three goals a game to opponents and only St.Johnstone taking their foot off the gas stopped them humping us the other week. Our defence, and Stephen McManus in particular, is static and rigid and can't pick up attackers or mark for the life of them, nor can we stop cross balls into the box, which is another major problem for us.

That would certainly be easier to stomach than having to face the Govan mob in a playoff.

The problem we have is that we are just not equipped for a battle of any sort as we just don't have any character or quality in our side to pull us through this mess. I appreciate that the new signings need time to bed in but sadly we simply don't have time and heartless b*****ds like McManus, Ainsworth and Vigurs who are still likely to be regulars just don't seem to have the interest and drive to get us going so enough in order to pick up the points we are going to need.

I consulted the augurs. They spotted a heron flying in a semi circle above Fir Park. This clearly showed that Simon Ramsden will have a howler being played in a midfield role.

Then I slaughtered an oxen and examined the liver. The liver had ridges on the top side which indicated that that we will not keep a clean sheet.

Then I questioned the Strathie Oracle. The Oracle replied in the following rididle that is yet to be deciphered.

When you battle

the Sons of Jocky

It would be best

not to be cocky

Goals, oh no,

I fear you cannae

Score one in a

barrel o' fannies.

I consulted the augurs. They spotted a heron flying in a semi circle above Fir Park. This clearly showed that Simon Ramsden will have a howler being played in a midfield role.

Then I slaughtered an oxen and examined the liver. The liver had ridges on the top side which indicated that that we will not keep a clean sheet.

Then I questioned the Strathie Oracle. The Oracle replied in the following rididle that is yet to be deciphered.

When you battle

the Sons of Jocky

It would be best

not to be cocky

Goals, oh no,

I fear you cannae

Score one in a

barrel o' fannies.

I cannot attend this afternoon, and am looking at Dundee's great hill in the sun as I pen this ode.

Ravenscraig Blues.

In bright azure The Law stands fast,

It looks out on the fair field Dens,

At either end there stands a goal,

a step away, a real shitehole.

The Dees head west and all ken weel,

what dangers lie where once forged steel

had towers which informed the land,

but sadly now holds up the stand.

Will Clarkson play- this mobile man,

so deft of touch, or Heffernan,

the Tank is out his knee is lamed,