Jags V County

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant disagree with the sentiment about us having an unhappy dressing room. The players conduct waiting for the penalty to

be taken was a bit of an eye opener.

Not really one for conspiracy theories but there does seem to be a direct connection between the McMillan situation and this disharmony.

Just a bit fed up with a situation that is undoubtedly harming the team and seems to be very much self inflicted.

Couldnt care less about mcmillan situation. These guys are professionals, they have a loyal fanbase

Pr!cks if thats the case

Couldnt care less about mcmillan situation. These guys are professionals, they have a loyal fanbase

Pr!cks if thats the case

I didn't notice it but for the Fraser goal, three guys tracked him most of the way back, but then all stopped chasing him after the one two with Boyce. I don't know if it's evidence of disharmony, but it was amusingly incompetent...

As was the guy who tried to wipe out Gardyne for the second, but missed completely and then didn't track back.

As was the guy who tried to wipe out Gardyne for the second, but missed completely and then didn't track back.

Think the ref booked him for that?

What is this McMillan situation btw?

Was nice being back in that stand, much better view and facilities.

Social club was fine beforehand, although BB's Macaroni was oddly cheese-less.

Cracking day out and a fully deserved victory. Thought Midge had another excellent game and it was a really strong team performance. Please stick with the same team next week Mcintyre. Now is not the time for the tactical tombola. One disappointment was yet again Partick running out of hot food for away fans at half time.

I have seldom been angrier leaving Firhill as I was on Saturday. Absolute embarassment. Taylor, Stevenson and Higginbotham almost get pass marks which is about as good as it got.

Osman's worst performance in a Thistle shirt, which considering some of his recent displays shows how bad he was. Booth is absolute dire, hope to f**k we don't keep him after this season and Frans has become an absolute dud since he signed his contract. Worst of the lot was Seaborne though. Was my player of the season so far until yesterday but the attitude he showed for the 90 minutes yesterday was shocking. Decided he couldn't be fucked so halved the guy for the penalty, and was probably gutted he never got sent off.

It is painfully apparent that Archibald has absolutely no control of that dressing room and needs to go. The squad we have is good enough, bar the attitudes, but its the same mistakes that we don't learn from and ultimately that falls at the manager.

Given the way he reluctantly put the armband back on after the ref gave the yellow, that might be close to the truth.

That's interesting. He never played last weekend due to illness/injury - perhaps he wasn't fully fit and never wanted to play.

Just watched the highlights for the first time there and had to watch the third goal back to make sure I didn't imagine it. That's inexcusably shite.

With Fraser, Osman and Bannigan all turning in hopeless performances this last month or two, we genuinely could be better off going with Wilson and Craigen in the middle.

Can't help feeling we're doomed.

Our only hope:

_80856197_taylor.jpg

At best, Saturday was a case of extreme complacency from the players. The half-arsed attempts at getting the ball out of danger at the first goal, then the downright lazy challenges before the second and third goals and also the penalty spoke volumes for the team's mentality. Maybe it's because we went into the game marooned in 9th and with relatively little to do over the rest of the season as far as safety is concerned, but the more we go into games like that the less that becomes the case.

The lack of organisation in a team with such an experienced spine of players was also pretty frightening. Seaborne seemed to spend much of the game at right centre half, Osman and Fraser were all over the place meaning our midfield was piss weak, and Stevenson was, unsurprisingly, utterly ineffectual when he was shunted out wide (granted that was a bizarre decision on the manager's part). Osman needs to return to what he was doing earlier in the season, and getting in the way of opposition attacks and playing a simple pass to technically superior players. He isn't very good at anything else and despite his recent run of dreadful form I still think he's the only player we have who can win tackles in midfield. I also maintain that we'd be better off starting without Stevenson: we need more security in midfield, and Taylor already offers us a physical threat up front.

Just watched the highlights for the first time there and had to watch the third goal back to make sure I didn't imagine it. That's inexcusably shite.

With Fraser, Osman and Bannigan all turning in hopeless performances this last month or two, we genuinely could be better off going with Wilson and Craigen in the middle.

Can't help feeling we're doomed.

Our only hope:

_80856197_taylor.jpg

Any-man goalie?

Archived