Jags V County

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll come down to who wants it more. As a jags fan that scares me as our players don't look like they want to be in the premier league. We need two wins versus County but I think we'll get very little. Desperately hope I'm wrong.

I think 4 points from County would be good business. Anything less than 3 will be very disappointing

Hope county will replace Boyd with either Burgess or Meite because as much as I love him he was very poor against 'well. Would also prefer Filip Kiss in centre midfield to either Woods or Irvine. Would play 442 again because that was the first time I've watched county this season where we've made the ball stick up-front, our loan striker is always isolated when we play 451. Boyce excelled playing with a partner.

Boyd will get ragdolled by Lyle Taylor so hopefully he drops out for Burgess (or Meite but I don't think he'll be fit enough to start just yet).

I'd go:

Brown

Fraser Quinn Burgess Reckord

Irvine Kiss Woods

Gardyne De Vita

Boyce

Agree re-Boyd. Feel bad dropping him, but not sure its his kind of game.

Given how Partick play, and given Irvine's lack of positioning, I'd also swap Irvine for Palazuelos.

I think centre-mid is going to be key, we really don't want big spaces between the lines.

Brown

Fraser Quinn Burgess/Meite Reckord

Kiss Palazuelos Woods

Gardyne De Vita

Boyce

Could also have Palazuelos and Kiss the deep pair, with Woods pushed forward in a 4-2-3-1 ?

I'm wary 4-4-2 with a pairing of Irvine and Woods again will likely see us need at least 3 goals again... as good as I'm reading we were on Saturday, few teams will be as bad against us as Motherwell were.

I'm looking forward to "Boring, Boring County" again, it's been too long.

If County play the way they did against Motherwell - quick football, balls into channels, hassling defenders - it won't be too long into the game.

DD might think that County played good on Saturday but he wasn't there. Some champagne moments don't mask the fact that they were just slightly better than the worst team in the top flight, some individual performances proving the exception.

I wouldn't be so sure Taylor starts this one. We need to wait until Archie draws names out of a hat after putting Osman and Bannigan's names down on the teamsheet.

Taylor is a good player, but I'm hoping that County's defence don't make him look like a very good player again.

Some champagne moments don't mask the fact that they were just slightly better than the worst team in the top flight, some individual performances proving the exception.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

If County play the way they did against Motherwell - quick football, balls into channels, hassling defenders - it won't be too long into the game.

DD might think that County played good on Saturday but he wasn't there. Some champagne moments don't mask the fact that they were just slightly better than the worst team in the top flight, some individual performances proving the exception.

Taylor is a good player, but I'm hoping that County's defence don't make him look like a very good player again.

Aye, been reading about how good we were, but only got people's posts to base that on.

Trying to be positive, and say 'good' as relative to previous performances, which were horrendous.

But it seems more believable that we won by being less shite than 'Well, rather than actually being good.

Lyle Taylor will be furious at your last sentence.

Other managers largely know how we play now and how to stop us so we've had a lot of problems breaking down any kind of defence recently, even St Mirren and Motherwell, so the classic song will happen.

If McIntyre can get County decently set up at the back and midfield then you're more than half the way to a positive result as there's a very good chance we won't even get a shot at goal.

Archibald v McIntyre.

A meeting of great tactical minds.

Other managers largely know how we play now and how to stop us so we've had a lot of problems breaking down any kind of defence recently, even St Mirren and Motherwell, so the classic song will happen.

If McIntyre can get County decently set up at the back and midfield then you're more than half the way to a positive result as there's a very good chance we won't even get a shot at goal.

Archibald v McIntyre.

A meeting of great tactical minds.

Ach well, our winning streak was nice while it lasted.

Archived