Heart of Midlothian v Cowdenbeath, 28/02/2015

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walk it? We had pish like Paul Browne and Greig McCulloch at the club at the time, we had no right to expect to walk anything against anyone wi players of that standard in our side.

Paul Browne and others had played in the Premier League, pish or no, and WERE expected to walk it against a team of ex Juniors. I remember it clearly - we all expected to win comfortably, Jimmy Nic included.

That red card is very harsh. The defender doesn't seem to be tripping his opponent on purpose, and the penalty that you got in compensation is actually a bigger opportunity to score than the one taken away by the foul. A yellow will do in such situations.

Paul Browne and others had played in the Premier League, pish or no, and WERE expected to walk it against a team of ex Juniors. I remember it clearly - we all expected to win comfortably, Jimmy Nic included.

Oh he was pish allright, he didnt end up at Arbroath and then playing junior for no reason.

That red card is very harsh. The defender doesn't seem to be tripping his opponent on purpose, and the penalty that you got in compensation is actually a bigger opportunity to score than the one taken away by the foul. A yellow will do in such situations.

When you're the establishment team, you get these kind of decisions.

Both Nicholson and Öztürk's strikes are actually better than I thought they were at the game. El Hassnaoui's through ball for our ninth and Sow's first is delightful as well. Good to see from him.

It's worth noting that we hit the post and bar before we even scored our first today and we didn't score any in either the first 25 minutes or the last 15 minutes. :lol:

Feel a bit sorry for Jimmy Nic, being a legend here and all that. When we lost 4-0 at home to Clyde in the Cup, having called them a Junior side before the game Jimmy said it was his worst day in football. I think today must have trumped that.

That remains one of my favourite matches and results, we had many highlights with that team of 'juniors'. Remember being 3-0 down to stenny at ht and winning 4-3 too. Happy days!

The Cowdenbeath fans were really funny on the way home on the train, singing "we only lost 10-0" and "always look on the bright side of life" :lol:

Credit where it's due lads, they stayed to the end.

A few of us had a sing in the pub after the game. The staff told us not to in case it upset the home fans. Priceless.

It's just like watching Brazil.

Archived